• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FAT 2G Charger contest, post your fat Charger photo here!

The convertibles interior
20200831_134319.jpg

They built nests in every frame rail, rocker, and crossmember. Pissing in the nests caused all the metal to rust from the inside out.

I never thought about these cheese eaters living in my frame rails. I've got two project cars in my garage, I keep poison out there but am going to make sure it's not used up. I keep some in the cars as well. I think if it were a real problem, I'd smell it and see mouse turds. I don't know if you live in the country but I have a lot of rat snakes on my property - I've seen them and am glad of it.

To me it seemed like everything just blended together in a big dark blob, hiding all the beautiful second generation body lines.

I agree with you on green Chargers, not my favorite color. I have 3 original green cars and they will not be green when I'm done, even with all #'s matching driveline, sorry, I have to live with the car. My mechanic friend says it's not sporty. This color was popular in the late 60's for just about everything so they put it on cars. I know what you mean about the body lines and my goal is to enhance that as much as possible. B5 is my favorite but I have one car that "spoke" to me and said black. I would normally agree with you on this color except that I have seen magnificent black paint jobs on this car. Just like restorations, not all black paint jobs are equal. There are quite a few examples on this thread. I'm getting some good advice from someone more experienced so hopefully it will turn out great. And I know what you mean about how black shows dirt as soon as clean it. I have an idea on how to prevent that. I guess as I'll find out.

You saved that baby! Glad you got a pile of $$ for it. I can't think of a # I'd accept.
Thanks for the testimony!

This is tough, I didn't think about that when I started this thread. My favorite generation Charger and I have to choose winners from great cars posted here. Hope no one is pissed off if they don't win - if it goes well I'll have another contest.

Why a charger ? Shouldn’t it be a b body ?

Look what showed up at my doorstep in WI all the way from Kentucky. Big thank you to @QOTHL for being such a kind and generous person. The Bourbon will go to my wife because she loved that Charger so much. Sitting in a hospital room with her right now as she just got out of surgery for a hip replacement. So it will be a few days till she gets to sample the prize.
Anyway, thanks again to all the members around here that make this the best car site on the web. Now there are 2 awesome gals on here that I know of.......

20211028_132958.jpg

Some photo history of my PHAT 2G. Most recent to 1990:
View attachment 1186041i-v2D5CW6-X3 by Greg Ault, on Flickr

View attachment 1186042i-3wJ2752-X3 by Greg Ault, on Flickr

View attachment 1186043DSC02497 HDR by Greg Ault, on Flickr

View attachment 1186044DSC02493 HDR by Greg Ault, on Flickr

View attachment 1186045car4 by Greg Ault, on Flickr

View attachment 1186046008 by Greg Ault, on Flickr

View attachment 1186047IMG_3928 by Greg Ault, on Flickr

View attachment 1186048IMG_7700 by Greg Ault, on Flickr

View attachment 1186049before1 by Greg Ault, on Flickr

Congratulations!:thumbsup: