• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite Quotes

“War makes extremely heavy demands on the soldier’s strength and nerves. For this reason, make heavy demands on your men in peacetime exercises.”
– German Field Marshall Erwin Rommel

“If you are going to win any battle, you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do… the body is never tired if the mind is not tired.”
– General George S. Patton Jr.

“It is well that war is so terrible, else we should grow too fond of it.”
– General Robert E. Lee

“It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.”
– Julius Caesar

“The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.”
– Thucydides

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
– George Orwell

“We need to learn to set our course by the stars, not by the lights of every passing ship.”
– Omar Bradley

“The friend of my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity.”
– Ulysses S. Grant

"There are two kinds of people who are staying on this beach: those who are dead and those who are going to die. Now let’s get the hell out of here."
- George Arthur Taylor, 16th Infantry Reg., 1st Inf. Div., Omaha Beach, June 6 1944

My time is a piece of wax, falling on the termites, choking on the splinters.
Beck.

"that's spelled L-o-s-e-r not Loner, you social outcast"

Think of the press as a great keyboard on which the government can play. - Joseph Goebbels

Everybody has a right to be stupid, but some people abuse the privilege. - Joseph Stalin

Smoking Cigars is like falling in love. First, you are attracted by its shape; you stay for its flavor, and you must always remember never, never to let the flame go out! - Winston Churchill

In politics stupidity is not a handicap. - Napoleon Bonaparte

To read a newspaper is to refrain from reading something worth while. The first discipline of education must therefore be to refuse resolutely to feed the mind with canned chatter.
Aleister Crowley

“Beer, it’s the best damn drink in the world.” Jack Nicholson

Auto Transport Service
Back