• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FBBO Benefit Auction for @moparedtn!

Well, Santa came in September for me today!
I see a mailing tube sticking out of the mailbox down at the road as I'm working on the road
with the tractor yet again (courtesy last nights' installment of biblical proportion downpours)...
Open it up and it's from @khryslerkid John!
The contents are freaking COOL!

Later on, enlisting my wife's assistance (ladders and me, you know...) we go out to the garage
to find a suitable place for these artifacts...
That's after actually taking the GTX to town today, first time in quite a while for that.
Fred is making a bit of a noise in the throwout bearing area, of course. Oy....

Anyways, on with the PICS! First up, we needed to put this one up on the Charger's side of the garage
of course. Artistic photo taking by Lisa, climbing on things not designed for my weight by Ed:
IMG_20200904_191114678.jpg

IMG_20200904_191717623.jpg

Pretty awesome, yes? :)

Ok, now for the even COOLER ones:
IMG_20200904_191449107.jpg

(I was quickly taking the fan belt loose to check the alternator and water pump, both of which
were fine. Lisa insists on trying to break cameras taking my pic. Sort of sadistic, if you ask me...)
IMG_20200904_191139120.jpg

IMG_20200904_191226702.jpg

I have them up so that they can easily be relocated should the need arise from whatever unforseen reasons...
BUT HOW FREAKING COOL IS THAT??

John, THANK YOU!! I now have another story that's found a home in my garage.
Means the world to me, man. Really does...

Well, Santa came in September for me today!
I see a mailing tube sticking out of the mailbox down at the road as I'm working on the road
with the tractor yet again (courtesy last nights' installment of biblical proportion downpours)...
Open it up and it's from @khryslerkid John!
The contents are freaking COOL!

Later on, enlisting my wife's assistance (ladders and me, you know...) we go out to the garage
to find a suitable place for these artifacts...
That's after actually taking the GTX to town today, first time in quite a while for that.
Fred is making a bit of a noise in the throwout bearing area, of course. Oy....

Anyways, on with the PICS! First up, we needed to put this one up on the Charger's side of the garage
of course. Artistic photo taking by Lisa, climbing on things not designed for my weight by Ed:
View attachment 997599
View attachment 997600
Pretty awesome, yes? :)

Ok, now for the even COOLER ones:
View attachment 997604
(I was quickly taking the fan belt loose to check the alternator and water pump, both of which
were fine. Lisa insists on trying to break cameras taking my pic. Sort of sadistic, if you ask me...)
View attachment 997602
View attachment 997603
I have them up so that they can easily be relocated should the need arise from whatever unforseen reasons...
BUT HOW FREAKING COOL IS THAT??

John, THANK YOU!! I now have another story that's found a home in my garage.
Means the world to me, man. Really does...

Forgot about it being a "His and Hers"! Tell the better half Merry Christmas too! :D

Good morning everyone!
The nasty weather trend has finally broken in this part of the country, thank God.
With the highs in the upper 80's/lower 90's and humidity sometimes topping that, it's been ridiculous around these parts - especially with the daily biblical-proportion storms blasting away with torrential downpours....

Not only is the air actually not of the chewable variety for a change this morning, but the postal lady also brought a little positivity, too! :)
One of the envelopes had this written on the back:
IMG_20200905_111203623.jpg

Methinks this ain't a bill....:rolleyes:

This leads me to....
UPDATE #16!
Saturday morning "I'm sorry, Leanna!" Edition.

41. FBBO can coozie donated by moparwacko
High bidder: @69 GTX (Sent by mail) - PAID!!

THANK YOU JOHN!

You folks have, INDEED, "Saved Fred" and I couldn't be more grateful. :)

Every auction is now spoken for/paid for except...
There's just (1) I haven't heard from:
37. Mopar "hot wheels" style '69 Charger Daytona Hemi car donated by BigCountryMopar
High bid: $30 @roadrunner69440

Did I miss anyone? Any errors?
THANK YOU ALL!!
Ed

How many have donated something and asked not to be mentioned? Don't say 'just one' lol

How many have donated something and asked not to be mentioned? Don't say 'just one' lol
Yes, there's been a few who resisted my brow-beating and didn't want their names mentioned,
but that number is very low actually - a couple or so.
Many others said that I didn't have to do that, which I took as their permission to post, of course. :)
Hey, I wanna brag on them!

More like the beginning of a terminal disease. :rofl:

About 18 years ago, I started with 6 Hotwheels cars........

View attachment 997572

View attachment 997573

:lol:
Dayam!! My collection never got nowhere near that big but things were getting out of hand. Had to tell people to please start giving me socks and T-shirts instead lol :D I'm still getting rid of stuff but most of the collectibles are gone now with the exception of the special ones. Got rid of my table saw a couple of days ago after it sat there for not being used for 3 years....

Yes, there's been a few who resisted my brow-beating and didn't want their names mentioned,
but that number is very low actually - a couple or so.
Many others said that I didn't have to do that, which I took as their permission to post, of course. :)
Hey, I wanna brag on them!
I know one thing is that this whole deal is awesome!!

Dayam!! My collection never got nowhere near that big but things were getting out of hand. Had to tell people to please start giving me socks and T-shirts instead lol :D I'm still getting rid of stuff but most of the collectibles are gone now with the exception of the special ones. Got rid of my table saw a couple of days ago after it sat there for not being used for 3 years....
I've been doing some of that also, understandably perhaps for different reasons though....
spare generator, paint sprayer, pressure washer, things that have been gathering garage dust.
I've got a ton of diecast 1/24 stuff that's all in one corner that are also nasty from dust and smoke that
I never fool with, too. I probably should try to clean them and get them to someone who will appreciate
them as well...

IMG_20200903_142844399.jpg

I got some bonus gifts along with the Koozie, thanks moparwacko!

Received my manual Friday and packaged fantastic.
Thanks to T2R9 for the quick shipment.

1972 Mopar Manual.01jpg.jpg 1972 Mopar Manual.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back