• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fed up ! time to abandon my 65 coronet sedan resto

seen many of these posts , have had that feeling before sold a car bacause of the feeling just to buy another car and start over . STOP take deep breaths turn away for awhile and come back

Hey man , your so close to the top , that the rest will be on the down hill side , I'd get that motor @ trannie in there and fire it up once u hear them 440 + cubes rumbling from them headers , MAN , u'll have her done in no time + u won't have to push it anymore ! ! I hate pushing cars around by hand it"s , A Pain in the A*",!

You are kidding? My Challenger was no further along than yours, I finished it in less than 2 months. I built the Engine a week before it went to Auto-Rama. Picked up a 2nd place trophy and then took it on long road trips and enough trips down the track to run 12.50@110. Keep at it, don't give up.
Doug

Attachments

• Challenger at Staceys BD party Aug. 2011.jpg
    Challenger at Staceys BD party Aug. 2011.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 302
Put it on hold and take a vacation from it... you never get your money back... I would crush it into a cube first so nobody else had it with all that work into it... everyone who goes through the process of restoration wants to quit at some point.. so quit for a while... but don't give up...

Stay with it, if not you will regret it. I have a 70 Z28 that I bought in 1984. Raising a family and educating kids the car was on hold many different times, but I covered it and continued when I found time and money. I thought I would never complete it, but I finally finished it in 2011 after 27 years! Now I have a 65 Belvedere II to do ( I ordered a new '65 Belvedere II with big block 4 speed and was sorry that I let it go in 1968). At this stage in my life, I will finish it a lot quicker.

Hmmmmm 65 Belvedere Huh Hmmmm Gotta love that. Mine was a 383 4speed originally. Maybe it was yours.

- - - Updated - - -

I second this. DON"T DO IT!!! YOU"LL REGRET IT!

Second thoughts? Aren't they great? NOT! If you've had the second thought, cover it up, pack it away and think about it for awhile. If you still have the same feelings later, then you'll know what to do. But my guess is you won't because the same bug that got you into this will get you again. It did me! Stay the course. We're here!

Ok out in the garage tinkerin on it today ! Just looking at all the work that's done. Man we must be insane to do this to ourselves and be happy about it . Thanks guys for all your support. I'm gonna call a shrink and keep plugging away .

See that? Now go ahead and splurge on a Gold Membership, way cheaper than a shrink! :)

Ok out in the garage tinkerin on it today ! Just looking at all the work that's done. Man we must be insane to do this to ourselves and be happy about it . Thanks guys for all your support. I'm gonna call a shrink and keep plugging away .

Some inspiration, never give up
Doug

Attachments

• B108.jpg
    B108.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 237
  • P1090813.JPG
    P1090813.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 239
There you go! Good job! We are all nuts! But you know where to go when you need assistance! FBBO!!

If it makes you feel any better I've been beyond burned out for quite some time. I've lost my drive and have been beaten to death by all of the setbacks on my current build (restomod charger) but will push on until I see it done. I'm glad to hear your rethinking throwing in the towel and hope to see it finished in the near future. Your not alone, keep plugging away

YES!!!!!! You will not regret keeping this beauty!! If she could talk she would cry and thank you. Trust me she will thank you over and over when she is on the road running free!!
And you will be sooo glad you didn't abandon her in her time of need

Good call 65nutcase - that's why you're here on this site with the rest of us "nut cases" - we've got the fever . . . This is all new to me, and half ( most ) of the stuff that I'm doing on this car restoration is WAY BEYOND my experience. So I take my time, and look at what needs to be done, I go back and look at the other threads on this site, and try to get a feel for where, and now, I can get this part done. Takes me a while to build up the courage, but I dig into it - and post my pictures. It's such a great feeling to hear the responses from the other members on my progress - it help keep me going !

Shoot - I wish I was as far as you are on your car - glad you're keeping with it, take your time and enjoy the ride - one day you'll have a ride that you'll be able to ENJOY for the rest of your life and appreciate all the hard work that you put into it. Keep us posted on your progress - the car is looking GREAT ! ! !

Wish I had the room for another 65! I'd be all over that! Hope you keep it and finish it really!

naaaaa i take back what i said ---> sell it and buy a prius youll be happier itll be done and ready for car shows:poke:

Nutcase, you are staring at the finish line. Like the other guys said all the hard work is done, I've been on my project for almost a year and I get frustrated to. Keep it and enjoy it

Auto Transport Service
Back