• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fender t\s indicators

oldbee

Local time
6:09 PM
Reaction score
Rt.indicator inop so started disassembly. #330 bulb solidly rusted in socket. Thinking of dremeling the socket off.Classic shows same fender mount indicators for $204 a pair for '68Cuda. Mine's a '68Bee. Any more ideas/fixes? If I find a socket that would fit then I need a new ground because I had to drill out rivet that held plate to the upper chrome & only good grd is the mounting screw that doesn't touch socket plate. This oughta be a good thread,lol!!!

IMG_0789.JPG IMG_0790.JPG IMG_0791.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks Fran; but stud in back is just a guide into fender. Sheet metal screw going thru frt hole holds it to fender. Looks like cuda&coronet(maybe '67 coronet also) are only ones that use this style; darts are different also.

Rt.indicator inop so started disassembly. #330 bulb solidly rusted in socket. Thinking of dremeling the socket off.Classic shows same fender mount indicators for $204 a pair for '68Cuda. Mine's a '68Bee. Any more ideas/fixes? If I find a socket that would fit then I need a new ground because I had to drill out rivet that held plate to the upper chrome & only good grd is the mounting screw that doesn't touch socket plate. This oughta be a good thread,lol!!!

View attachment 400753 View attachment 400755 View attachment 400756
ebay-------

Ok, cut off the socket leaving a 5/16" hole in metal plate. I think it originally was supposed to screw apart to change bulb. Thinking about a #74 wedge base bulb socket and adapting it to plate. Hole in amber lens is too small for a #57 bulb to fit into.

ebay-------
Agree. Mine were in similar condition and they just aren't worth the aggravation. Found a presentable (not perfect, but decent) pair on ebay and polished them up and installed them.
Done. On to more fun things on the car. :)

Update-- found an LED at Radio Shack that fit socket hole perfectly(had to rush to store because they are declaring bankruptcy again). 2-wire setup so had to add a ground lead. Tested on battery & worked fine. Mounted on fender and nothing; here we go with cleaning up for a good ground. Couldn't kick about the $3.50 price though.

I just sold an Nos set and yes that wire is supposed to unscrew...

IMG_8056.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back