• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fender Tag

StrayCat

Local time
9:20 AM
Reaction score
Yeah yeah I know, everyone wants to know what theirs says, and I'm one of those. Help would be very greatly appreciated. 1973 Satellite Sebring

R11 V5R END
H51 J52 L31 M21 M26 M85
V4R U . 26 B41 F11 G35
E(or 5)W1 F1EW EW1 716 292162
E44 D34 RH23 G3R 367226

Heres some info and a great place to look up vins and fender tags
http://www.tunerz.com/tools.htm

V4RU: Top Color
26: 26in Radiator
E51: Unknown
EW1: Unknown

F1EW: Unknown
E44: 318 cid 2 barrel V8 230hp
D34: Light Duty Automatic Transmission
RH23: Satelite 2 dr Hardtop
G3R: Unknown
U26: Unknown

M85: Front & Rear Bumper Guards
V4R: Vinyl Canopy Roof, Unknown color
B41: Front Disc Brakes w/Standard 10in RR Drum
F11: 46 Amp Alternator (std with AC)
G35: Delete Standard Outside Mirror
EW1: Unknown

R11: Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)
H51: Air Conditioning with Heater
V5R: Body Side Stripes, Red
L31: Hood/Fender Mounted Turn Signals
M21: Roof drip rail moldings
M26: Wheel Lip Moldings

V4R is the top color (red). The "U" signifies it's a "sold" car EW1 is the body color (white) F1EW is the interior code. G3R is the G, engine designation, 3 for the year (1973) and R for the assembly plant.

I shoulda brought my books with me.

Thanks Tem. That pretty much answered what I wanted to know. But also left me with several other questions...lol.

Red side stripes? Where?....lol. Or was there originally a red peice of teflon or something in the center of the side moulding?

I saw the transmission code on another site, said it was a torqueflight, dunno wether that is good or not.

And I have seen several places where the "sold" code pops up for other people. What does that mean exactly? Pre-ordered by a dealer? Or a person?

My buick convertible was ordered custom by a traveling sales man. White with a brown top, brown leather interior, and a Delco CB, which is an 8 track tape player and radio combo with a CB radio built into the same unit. Kinda odd......

Auto Transport Service
Back