• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 RR Fender Tag Question for the experts

70RRGuy

Local time
2:16 AM
Reaction score
I'm going through the Fender Tag for my RR and there are a couple of codes that I'd like to get a second option. I've decoded most of them but I'll post them anyway just to get a validation that I'm correct. Here they are:
E63 - 383 1-4Barrel
D32 - Auto Trans 727
RM23 - 2 Door Hardtop
NOG - 383/1970/St Louis, MO
EK2 - Citrus Orange - Body
EK2 - Citrus Orange - Top
P6XA - Charcoal and Black - Seats and carpet colors
TX9 - Black Velvet - But what is it referring to? Something in the interior?
516 - 16 May - Build date in 1970
A01 - Light Package - What would this have included? Interior (dash, Headliner, Lights in the center console, ???), Trunk, anything else?
B51 - Power Brakes - 4 wheel drums
C16 - Center Console - w/lights?
C55 - Bucket Seats
G33 - Remote LH Mirror w/remote - would this be an interior knob on the door to adjust mirror?
J25 - 3 Speed Wipers - Does this include the wiper motor being 3 speeds or only the switch with resister for medium speed for the 2 speed motor?
L31 - Fender/Hood mounted Turn Signals - How would you be able to tell which it had? Wires in the harness shows it could have been in both places.
M31 - Roof Drip Rail Moldings
R11 - Am Radio
V21 - Performance Hood Treatment - Black strips on hood
V8X - Transverse Strips - Black reflective strip across the rear trunk

What would have been an indicator that the gold dust trials were also on the car?

I know its a lot of info, but info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance - BC

IMG_20231220_142520.jpg

EK2 Never heard it called citrus orange. I've heard of vitamin C and go mango
TX9 is upper door frame paint for interior
A01 trunk light, glove box light, ignition key lamp, map light, ash tray light, hood ts
idictators
B51 is power front disc brakes
C16 66-70 b-body Consoles always have side lights, A01 or not.
G33 yes insode remote control in door
J25 3 speed wiper motor and switch, different motor entirely. Standard on all 70 RR & GTX cars
L31 hood mounted in rear of scoop on RR & GTX, hood mounted on front corners of flat hood on satellite & sport. Can get as a separate option from A01

V6Y is dust trails, will be on fender tag, seldom seen

Last edited:
All consoles had lights. The A01 package is map light, glove box light, trunk light, key in buzzer, headlights on buzzer and I believe headlight time delay relay….maybe more stuff (?)

L42 is the Headlight time delay relay $18 option.

It is a separate option from A01, not included.

Didn't all 1970 cars have the key in buzzer? Not part of A01, it's not a light.

Last edited:
I'm going through the Fender Tag for my RR and there are a couple of codes that I'd like to get a second option. I've decoded most of them but I'll post them anyway just to get a validation that I'm correct. Here they are:
E63 - 383 1-4Barrel
D32 - Auto Trans 727
RM23 - 2 Door Hardtop
NOG - 383/1970/St Louis, MO
EK2 - Citrus Orange - Body
EK2 - Citrus Orange - Top
P6XA - Charcoal and Black - Seats and carpet colors
TX9 - Black Velvet - But what is it referring to? Something in the interior?
516 - 16 May - Build date in 1970
A01 - Light Package - What would this have included? Interior (dash, Headliner, Lights in the center console, ???), Trunk, anything else?
B51 - Power Brakes - 4 wheel drums
C16 - Center Console - w/lights?
C55 - Bucket Seats
G33 - Remote LH Mirror w/remote - would this be an interior knob on the door to adjust mirror?
J25 - 3 Speed Wipers - Does this include the wiper motor being 3 speeds or only the switch with resister for medium speed for the 2 speed motor?
L31 - Fender/Hood mounted Turn Signals - How would you be able to tell which it had? Wires in the harness shows it could have been in both places.
M31 - Roof Drip Rail Moldings
R11 - Am Radio
V21 - Performance Hood Treatment - Black strips on hood
V8X - Transverse Strips - Black reflective strip across the rear trunk

What would have been an indicator that the gold dust trials were also on the car?

I know its a lot of info, but info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance - BC

View attachment 1623389
mine has the L31 option as well and mine is just the hood mounted rear of scoop turn signals

Last edited:
A01 trunk light, glove box light, ignition key lamp, map light, ash tray light, hood ts
idictators
J25 3 speed wiper motor and switch, different motor entirely. Standard on all 70 RR & GTX cars
L31 hood mounted in rear of scoop on RR & GTX, hood mounted on front corners of flat hood on satellite & sport. Can get as a separate option from A01

You are correct about the color EK2 Vitamin C Orange. Thanks for the clarification.

idictators

Thank you for the validation on the codes.

Thanks to everyone else who helped to decode. - BC

Hmm... in the chapter "learn something new every day... or simply forgot about it", I'm not sure I've ever seen turn signal lamps in the hood on a Sat/Sport Sat ?

J25 - was not std. on 70 RR & GTX. It was a separate option. If you optioned N96 hood the J25 option was req'd as well.

This one is a fact guys, here is Chrysler documents. J25 is standard on 1970 RR and GTX! Have you seen one without it on the original tag or sheet?

95BAE54B-B466-43C1-88A5-78DF69DFD3F4.jpeg

I stand corrected on the J25 option for RR and GTX....thanks for the info. I confused it with 70 Charger models where J25 is optional with several engines.

Hmm... in the chapter "learn something new every day... or simply forgot about it", I'm not sure I've ever seen turn signal lamps in the hood on a Sat/Sport Sat ?
That's because a Satellite or Sport Satellite did not have the power bulge hood. The hood mounted turn signals mount in the back of the bulge, so Satellite/ Sport had to get them in the fenders hood.

As a reminder, here is a picture of mine I found while restoring it.
IMG_3692.JPG

Last edited:
1970 Satellite and sport satellite have them on the front corners of the hood. Not the fenders.

295BB5CA-0108-41E6-9419-E957B05109D7.jpeg

9884F288-921B-4C35-A7B8-1EF7A92835FA.png

917AB897-3D43-446B-A365-4E70654F8BD0.jpeg

Actually easier to work on, all the wiring and fasteners stay in better shape as it's all under the hood instead of catching water mud dirt from the tire.

Also on the fender they get sprayed with undercoating so removal is a PITA.

Thanks - I stand corrected and corrected my post as well.

I honestly have never seen 1970 Satellite with them, and I (obviously incorrectly) assumed Mopar would stick them where they placed almost all others. Seems a weird and more complex place to put them!
That's what I said. I know the bulge hood had the option of the lamps, I've had them myself. I mentioned I'd never seen them, ever ( on the flat hood ).

That's what I said. I know the bulge hood had the option of the lamps, I've had them myself. I mentioned I'd never seen them, ever ( on the flat hood ).
You absolutely did, and I insisted on "helping you" by wrongly assuming the Satellite had the signals on the fenders, not the hood!

As stated, I stand corrected, BUT I learned something, so that is not a bad thing! :)

You absolutely did, and I insisted on "helping you" by wrongly assuming the Satellite had the signals on the fenders, not the hood!

As stated, I stand corrected, BUT I learned something, so that is not a bad thing! :)
I need all the help I can get ! :D It's funny how it seems you see something you've never encountered in all the years before.

Auto Transport Service
Back