• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fender tag

Mike Szadaj

Local time
5:44 AM
Reaction score
When I had the bodywork and paint done on my car, the paint shop lost my fender tag. Before I sent it off to the paint shop, I did a rubbing of the tag. There is a place in South Carolina called MMC that claims to have an original from the factory machine that made the tags. They want $400 to do one. I have also Heard of a place called Marti auto works in Arizona that supposedly would do one for about $200. I haven’t talk to them, but the thing that concerns me is they are a Ford restoration shop. Has anyone ever heard of or done business with them?

IMG_2750.jpeg

I didn’t think Marti Auto Works was doing Mopar anymore

My buddy called him up today a few minutes before they closed and specifically told them it was for a 1968 dodge

Wow $400, that seems way too expensive. I could see $100-$150.

The good thing is you have a rubbing of your original tag, which is a huge bonus.

When I had the bodywork and paint done on my car, the paint shop lost my fender tag. Before I sent it off to the paint shop, I did a rubbing of the tag. There is a place in South Carolina called MMC that claims to have an original from the factory machine that made the tags. They want $400 to do one. I have also Heard of a place called Marti auto works in Arizona that supposedly would do one for about $200. I haven’t talk to them, but the thing that concerns me is they are a Ford restoration shop. Has anyone ever heard of or done business with them?

View attachment 1600527
the shop should pay for it.

My car did not come with one so went with MMC Detroit. Yes, it did cost but now have that area filled on the fender. Not to say it is original but a Reop. Put what I have on the car now but not to deceive any one if it ever sells will add that it was made to my specks. Like most of us when buying these old cars, no build sheet came in my car. Did have the vin number stamped on the tag. Those people do a good job and if you look at the tag it has not the stamp in the corner as the original one. Just my two cents.

My car did not come with one so went with MMC Detroit. Yes, it did cost but now have that area filled on the fender. Not to say it is original but a Reop. Put what I have on the car now but not to deceive any one if it ever sells will add that it was made to my specks. Like most of us when buying these old cars, no build sheet came in my car. Did have the vin number stamped on the tag. Those people do a good job and if you look at the tag it has not the stamp in the corner as the original one. Just my two cents.
post a pic if you can please.

Had to give the vin number on the car. Radiator support and other places where it was. Was not on trunk gutters because I replaced them. But the number was on other parts of the car. Also had to take pictures of the vin tag on dash. Also, pics of the car in and out. Did not have to give title picture.

View attachment 1600527
1706573907767.png

What I am trying to say is IMHO very few Mopar classic car owners actually have a broadcast sheet. The assembly plants did not even require that every car leave the plant with one. You are one of the lucky ones that has one

What I am trying to say is IMHO very few Mopar classic car owners actually have a broadcast sheet. The assembly plants did not even require that every car leave the plant with one. You are one of the lucky ones that has one
Fully understand that. I have a '69 Bee that I know where it's been since the day it left the lot the Spring of '69. Zero broadcast sheets in the car. It was a "no garbage" policy at some assembly lines as to why they got stuffed into cars. Thankfully that car still wears it's original fender tag.

All I stated was I was surprised Wise would do a tag without a sheet... since as I also noted it was a mandatory item required to get a fender tag made in 2019 when I ordered one for another car. Even with that we still went through over 1/2 a dozen "proofs" before it was stamped.

Auto Transport Service
Back