• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fender tag

So dadsbee, did you get any kind of verification with your tag attesting it was correct for that vin? If you did, I can understand why they wanted all the paperwork. If you didn’t, then, in a way, I don’t understand all the fuss. I can understand why reputable people wouldn’t want to hand out unverified fender tags to anybody who asked for one. But when it comes down to the legality of it all, I may be wrong about this, making fender tags is completely unregulated. Fender tags are not kept in a government database like VINs are.

Well MMC is a "reputable person" and he certainly wouldn't want to cloud that by making bogus tags no matter the legalities of making them for someone. There's enough fake stuff out there as it is, a Daytona that went across the Mecum block last week comes to mind. Gotta find out who's making aged broadcast sheets with errors in them.. LOL

You have a rubbing, maybe he'll work from that for the $400.

Had to give the vin number on the car. Radiator support and other places where it was. Was not on trunk gutters because I replaced them. But the number was on other parts of the car. Also had to take pictures of the vin tag on dash. Also, pics of the car in and out. Did not have to give title picture.
Would Not do a Tag without Build sheet

I used this guy: www.tagmyclassic.com
He used a photo of my original tag, photo of the sequence number from the trunk rail and a photo of the title. Cost was $200 and it looks fantastic.

I used this guy: www.tagmyclassic.com
He used a photo of my original tag, photo of the sequence number from the trunk rail and a photo of the title. Cost was $200 and it looks fantastic.
If you had the original tag to take a photo of, why get a tag made? Asking for a guy with no fender tag.

If you had the original tag to take a photo of, why get a tag made? Asking for a guy with no fender tag.
Maybe lost the tag after pic was taken ? Also I've heard of the fender tags being stolen. So you get a replacement one, swap it out while you keep the original in a safe place before something happens.

^^ They have a bad habit of disappearing in body shops. Why mine have never been left there...

I am the third owner of this car. Titled in Alabama. Could not find the dealer but we know the story on doing that.

I'm amazed he did one without a broadcast sheet...
I just went to their (MMC's) website. Not sure if it has always been this way, but it currently says that if you are lacking "objective information", like the build sheet, window sticker, original tag, etc., they won't make a "standard tag" which is what they call their pretty close to the original tag. If you are lacking that objective information, you can fill out a form and send them high quality images of your vin and the other numbers stamped on the body as well as photos showing whatever will help your case. If they agree to make a tag based on what you provided, they will only make it as a "custom tag" which will have some stampings on it in the upper right area of the tag that that make it obvious to those in the know that the tag is not an original. In the example on their page, the numbers 74 are sitting up there in the corner, where there shouldn't be any numbers. This sounds more than fair and reasonable and shows that they aren't willingly working with people that are creating fake cars.

Sorry a little late. Hard to get a good picture but here are two photos of my MMC fender tag they did for me. Yes had to fill out a form and take pictures of the car with vin locations. Just glad I could fill that spot on my fender. It looked bear without the fend tag. Think they did a good job.
IMG_0102 - Copy (3).JPG
IMG_0104 - Copy (2).JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back