• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiberglass Fenders

CTMopar

Local time
12:00 PM
Reaction score
What is the fit like on modern fiberglass fenders? I know years ago it was not so good and they were wavey as the ocean to start with. Someone offered me a set at a good price and I am not doing a "resteration" so I am concidering it. I have not been to look at them yet.

I have seen a few that were decent, US Body Source "Heavy Duty" units were all pretty nice stuff, doors & fenders, also Hoods & trunks lids, the Race units are very light weight... They aren't like the newer steel replacement panels, they do need a little more fitting work, nowhere near as bad as the old 70's-80's stuff thou... Harry's Glass, Unlimited Products Fiberglass, Fiberglass Trends, WS Racing Fiberglass, Sled City, VFN & AAR Fiberglass, I think all make some decent fiberglass replacement panels & parts, some parts/panels better than others, some cheaper than others too, not all of them make fenders thou, most make at least, Hoods, Trunk lids & Bumpers, some do &/or will make Doors & Fenders & even full Bodies too... You really do get what you pay for especially with Fiberglass panels, the cheaper stuff, is just cheap thin flimsy **** usually...

Glasstek is hands down about the best fiberglass I've ever used on a car. The VFN and unlimited stuff I've seen was nasty... the WS stuff is good but now that Walt's passed I think delivery is an issue. I called called Glasstek and ordered it one week and picked it up the next. Really nice products.

Auto Transport Service
Back