• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally getting momentum on the getting the 1962 Plymouth Savoy back on the road

Thanks, ACC is what i was looking at, i just did dynamat last night so no mass needed, thanks
After ordering the carpet, I decided to install a cheaper version of dynamat , something from Amazon, Siless Brand. The foam is more of a sponge foam vs mastic/Butyl material. More for insulation vs sound deadening since I knew the carpeting was coming with the heavy/softish backer. I think you will be happy with your combo, if I had to do it again I think I’d go with the combo you are in the middle of doing. Good luck on your install.

After ordering the carpet, I decided to install a cheaper version of dynamat , something from Amazon, Siless Brand. The foam is more of a sponge foam vs mastic/Butyl material. More for insulation vs sound deadening since I knew the carpeting was coming with the heavy/softish backer. I think you will be happy with your combo, if I had to do it again I think I’d go with the combo you are in the middle of doing. Good luck on your install.
Thanks, yeah last night i did kilmat but ran out.. some siless showed up today, just need a warmer day to get it done now
2023-04-07 19.08.12.jpg

Rebuilt wheel cylinders

Rebuilt Dual Master Cylinder (found out it leaks /weeps inside the firewall after bleeding trh while system :) such is the nature of this hobby

Did not take many photos of the process. If anyone wants photos I can spam some and add, just ask

Both bleeder valves on the rear wheel cylinders snaked right off, any hopes of honing in place went right out the window.. These wheel cylinders looked fairly new, still shiney under the break dust. Maybe 10/15 years old? In contrast the US made original front wheel cylinders, 60 years old (with prob 100x the miles on them) came apart nice and without any parts breaking!

Watch out for the newer Chineseium, I guess

ECA6DFDB-9E7E-4EC7-B82F-941AE6FE9C5C.jpeg

Used a Lisle brand Wheel cylinder home for both the wheel cylinders and in the inside bore of the Dual Master Cylinder
$12 we’ll spent

DE08679F-0ABD-4A11-8FB0-1987D4A7ADA0.jpeg

Shame on me, no before photos, this double hump 2660809 was rough looking with surface rust and a beat up top

Rebuild Bendix 2660809
- Wire wheeled outside as best I could
- Honed the bore
- Clear coat outside
- Install Raybestos Dorman rebuild kit (Dorman - First Stop MAS TM59051 Brake Master Cylinder Repair Kit)
- - Residual pressure valves were missing before rebuild… installed new ones that came with rebuild kit, correct for drum brakes
- Installed new valve seats, tapped/pressed in with a socket.
- Install cylinder retainer off an old single MC.
- Repaint the top to look like Golden CAD with Tamiya paints, Titanium gold, then dust with Transparent seed and Transparent Green

Turned out good I think

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Here are the tamiya paints

image.jpg

Next up Dash Cluster stuff

Last edited:
Did you do the conversion to dual pot? which MC and did the single pot pushrod work?

Did you do the conversion to dual pot? which MC and did the single pot pushrod work?
Icetech,
This Dual Pot MC was on the car when I got it... with the correct pushrod(probably from the original B Body single MC)

I learned a lot watching a few youtube vids from TheRamManInc.

Mine is this:
Once I found out My 2660809 was orig Mopar, I devided to restore it. Heres a rebuild one from the one and only RamMan.
MOPAR 2660809 DRUM MASTER CYLINDER (ORIGINAL - REBUILT)

After installing the carpet I installed the cloth covered door jamb moldings

Question: The door is very hard to close now, have to slam it into next Tuesday to get the door to latch. Does anyone else also have problems with the new stuff? Seems like the weather stripping at the hinge side is a major part of the problem.

Here’s the trim

View attachment 1445072

Below is a cross section of the new(top) and the old(bottom). The foam rubber if the new stuff looks 50% thicker in cross section.

View attachment 1445073
Call Kramer about these door jam moldings and weatherstrip. They have the correct ones. Just tell them of the problem.

After installing the carpet I installed the cloth covered door jamb moldings

Question: The door is very hard to close now, have to slam it into next Tuesday to get the door to latch. Does anyone else also have problems with the new stuff? Seems like the weather stripping at the hinge side is a major part of the problem.

Here’s the trim

View attachment 1445072

Below is a cross section of the new(top) and the old(bottom). The foam rubber if the new stuff looks 50% thicker in cross section.

View attachment 1445073
Yes. First thing I noticed is that the old stuff had a plastic feel to it and seemed pretty durable compared to the new material. And I had to sdjust my door latch to get it to close. It's been several years so it is broken in. The cloth weave is coming apart in some areas.

check you in box sir ... it is full.

Auto Transport Service
Back