• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally picked up my new baby today.

Well, it's been jacked with a bit as a lot of these old cars have been. Nothing major, it's all straight but It's non numbers matching. It has a newly built 383 4bbl in it. Engine runs strong and I'm very happy with it. I will put out a search for the original numbers matching block and transmission. I know thats a long shot and I'm not too worried if it turns up nothing, but it would be nice. It started life in California as a Coronet 500 with a 383-2bbl. It has some great options. Power windows, power steering, disk brakes, power top, 3 speed wipers. It needs a trunk pan and I need to find little bits and pieces that people remove from these cars over the years. 70 air cleaner, jack, spare tire for example. Somebody has changed tail lights and panel to the Super Bee style, so need to find those parts etc. But for right now, until I can ship it, I will just enjoy it as is and drive it in the summer.

your Coronet CV was imported from a dutch company.
At that time there was already a 440 engine installed.#
So the original engine never made it to Europe.

The dealership where you bought the Coronet CV off pulled the 440 and installed the current 383 engine

Carsten

your Coronet CV was imported from a dutch company.
At that time there was already a 440 engine installed.#
So the original engine never made it to Europe.

The dealership where you bought the Coronet CV off pulled the 440 and installed the current 383 engine

Carsten
Hi Carsten,

Yes that is all correct. My gut feeling is the original motor and trans were pulled in about 1990. The car is originally from California so if those items even exist any more they will probably be there somewhere. I haven't begun the hunt for them yet, but will be starting that soon. A needle in a haystack I know, but if you don't ask, you don't get. Thanks for the follow up.

Auto Transport Service
Back