• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finnally picked up a win. Its been a while

dvw

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:54 PM
Reaction score
We were going to run 4 races this weekend. Weather got us and we ran two. It was a littel hectic running two cars. We really didn't have enough ballast weight between us. So I pulled timing from 35 to 27 aloowing me to run less weight. Qualifing was one to quick, one to slow. First rd though it was dialed in. Unfortunately I wasn't .093/ 9.250. Would've been tough anyway as he was .011 and 11.261 (on a 11.25) on the brakes. Spent the rest of the day crewing for my son and teaching my grandaughter her crew duties. In the evening they had teh Scot Rod gassers, jet cars, and our race. Special race for me since it was amemeorial race for my friend Rick who had died unexpectedly this spring. Rd 1 I was behind at the tree by .005. But downtrack I pushed my opponent under with a 9.269. 2nd rd i got the always tough Whompin Wedge. Rarely do I get chased. But Casey is on 9.00 index. I'm .013/9.267 to his 8.99. 3rd rd is something we new would happen sooner or later. It's my son vs me. In the staging lanes racers are quizing my grand daughter. Who are you rooting for? She says "Sorry dad. Got to go with with Papa". I was hopeing for a close race but his car spun. Not to mention I wasn't letting up .012/9.48 lifting. We waited 2 hr's to run the final at 12:00am. Neither of us were good on the tree My .086 to his .109 I lifted and tightened the stripe down to .018.
This was my 21st final in this car, 19 wins. Winning this memorial event was special to me. We are pointing up to Rick

Doug

356377815_763788612198930_3524447833516028777_n.jpg

We were going to run 4 races this weekend. Weather got us and we ran two. It was a littel hectic running two cars. We really didn't have enough ballast weight between us. So I pulled timing from 35 to 27 aloowing me to run less weight. Qualifing was one to quick, one to slow. First rd though it was dialed in. Unfortunately I wasn't .093/ 9.250. Would've been tough anyway as he was .011 and 11.261 (on a 11.25) on the brakes. Spent the rest of the day crewing for my son and teaching my grandaughter her crew duties. In the evening they had teh Scot Rod gassers, jet cars, and our race. Special race for me since it was amemeorial race for my friend Rick who had died unexpectedly this spring. Rd 1 I was behind at the tree by .005. But downtrack I pushed my opponent under with a 9.269. 2nd rd i got the always tough Whompin Wedge. Rarely do I get chased. But Casey is on 9.00 index. I'm .013/9.267 to his 8.99. 3rd rd is something we new would happen sooner or later. It's my son vs me. In the staging lanes racers are quizing my grand daughter. Who are you rooting for? She says "Sorry dad. Got to go with with Papa". I was hopeing for a close race but his car spun. Not to mention I wasn't letting up .012/9.48 lifting. We waited 2 hr's to run the final at 12:00am. Neither of us were good on the tree My .086 to his .109 I lifted and tightened the stripe down to .018.
This was my 21st final in this car, 19 wins. Winning this memorial event was special to me. We are pointing up to Rick

GREAT JOB DOUG!!

View attachment 1485104

Congratulations Doug glad to read about your racing again. Like reading about your son racing. I see driving and being crew chief keeps you busy.:thumbsup:

Great job as always Doug. Good to hear your son's car is on the right track getting into the 3rd round.

Way to go Doug! Congrats!

Congratulations on your win! Winning the memorial race of your buddy, what a memorable event.

Way to go, Doug. Your ride still looks great and I'm sure has many more wins in store for you. You better watch out; if your granddaughter gets the bug she'll be gunnin' for you...lol

I don't understand half of what you wrote there Doug, but I know it wound up good for you so
congrats.jpg
!!! :thumbsup:

Congrats Doug! Great picture. Doing it with family is so special.
I’ve been going rounds with the new combo, but haven’t stuck it into a final yet. Made it to 5 cars yesterday where I turned the red bulb on.

Congrats
love the winner's circle photo :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back