• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fire extinguisher mount bracket

69Chargerdriver

Local time
12:09 AM
Reaction score
I thought I would share my installation of a fire extinguisher bracket. I bought a H3R clean agent extinguisher. I wanted to mount it under the passenger seat on the forward side, using the seat rails. I looked at the HR3 universal mount bracket - it is $104! So I decided to make my own. I went down to Lowe's and spent about $15. I used a piece of steel stock, 3/16" x 3/4" x 14" long. The hardware is 1/4"-20 hex head bolts, 3/4" long, flat washers and flanged 1/4"-20 nuts. I had two 1" corner irons that worked well. It is all installed and is rock solid. I will take it all apart and prime/paint it when the weather cooperates. Thought someone out there may be thinking of doing the same thing and might want to see how it turned out. It is tucked under the seat just enough to wear it doesn't show much, which is what I wanted. You have to look down through the windshield or lean forward to see the extinguisher. Check out the pics...
IMG_0012.jpg
IMG_0014.jpg
IMG_0016.jpg
IMG_0018.jpg
IMG_0020.jpg
IMG_0022.jpg
IMG_0024.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back