• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Firm Feel 7/8 rear sway bar install

Awesome, thanks for the info. TTI tailpipes are one of the options along with Flowmaster which are also mandrel bent and worst case Accurate Exhaust which are not. The one advantage for the AE 2.5" pipes is they're cut to length ready to go with original tips, did you use tips and if so did you just add them to your pipes or did you have to cut the ends off? I should add I'm was thinking about going with 2.5" pipes over concerns about fit especially with the frame mounted rear sway bar but it sounds like I shouldn't be concerned which has me rethinking 2.5". Thanks again for your help!
After going 3" on 2 cars, I honestly wouldn't recommend it unless you are in the 600hp range. I was going to go with 3" TTI through the mufflers and then bush to 2.5" tailpipes. TTI talked me out of it at the time, but that's the route I would go now. I have used both TTI and Accurate tips. You need to cut off the tailpipes either way.

Last edited:
Are you planning on running full exhaust out to the rear? I have the same Firmfeel rear sway bar kit to go on my 70 RR but am concerned some brands of 'over the axles' tail pipes might not clear?

Thanks,
Jim

Most likely that's what I'll end up doing. Boom tubes might fit the theme of my car better -

- but I don't see them available anywhere, and some say they are on the loud side. I wouldn't say that's the best sounding exhaust I've heard either.

I have had that rear bar on two of my cars, and the pipes clear fine. It was a factory bar on '80's Diplomat police car, so was made to clear exhaust. Similar to E-body and '71 and up B-body.

After going 3" on 2 cars, I honestly wouldn't recommend it unless you are in the 600hp range. I was going to go with 3" TTI through the mufflers and then bush to 2.5" tailpipes. TTI talked me out of it at the time, but that's the route I would go now. I have used both TTI and Accurate tips. You need to cut off thectailpipes either way.
Thank you again for sharing your experience on this. I'm going with a small 383/432 stroker setup hoping to get 500 HP, maybe a bit more with the 440Source CNC'd stealth heads. Going with the 2.5" seemed like a good middle group choice to go along with similar choices I've made for the car. Thanks!

Auto Transport Service
Back