• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First car memories

That new 8 3/4 shined things up real nice in there too :thumbsup:

Steering column before and after. The last picture is of the reverse light switch lever on the lower column. I could not find one to buy so I made this one from a stainless steel 1/4” bolt. The original one’s look to be plastic so this is better. Got the idea from this site months ago. Works fantastic.

IMG_7404.jpeg

IMG_7408.jpeg

IMG_7407.jpeg

IMG_7496.jpeg

IMG_7922.jpeg

IMG_7917.jpeg

IMG_7927.jpeg

IMG_7921.jpeg

IMG_7916.jpeg

IMG_8129.jpeg

Some people will hate what I’m doing and some will understand. This car for the most part is completely stock still. Fortunately for me this is what I was looking for. There are just a few things that are not the way I wanted them. The three main things are, the interior color, the rear end set up, and this car had a vinyl top. The car will now be a non vinyl top. The interior color which was two tone green is now being changed to two tone red & burgundy. Lastly the rear gears which are the original 3.23:1 open 742 case have been replaced with same date stamp 3.23:1 sure grip posi 742 case with-in 3 days of the date stamp on the gears that came out of the car. Had to drive from Denver Co. to Omaha Ne. and back for them.

View attachment 1579893

View attachment 1579894

View attachment 1579895
More than one way to skin a cat. What I ended up doing was buying three that looked like the one that got away, spread out over several decades. Then, after 52 years, I finally bought the original. Your approach seems less painful.

More than one way to skin a cat. What I ended up doing was buying three that looked like the one that got away, spread out over several decades. Then, after 52 years, I finally bought the original. Your approach seems less painful.
I did try and try to locate the original and did manage to fine and connect with the guy I bought it from originally and also the guy I sold it to. Unfortunately he said he couldn’t remember who he sold it to. I do not even have the VIN# or license plate# from back then so I couldn’t even try and bribe law enforcement to help Ha Ha. So I got the next best thing.

The last big sheetmetal pieces were installed this last weekend. The B pillar lower window skin corners and underlying stacked brackets. The intermediate speaker package tray to Dutchman panel channel and the Dutchman panel. All AMD parts and all needed some massaging and tweaking to fit properly but not bad.

IMG_1201.png

IMG_1198.png

IMG_1196.png

IMG_1197.png

IMG_1194.png

IMG_1199.png

IMG_1193.png

IMG_1203.png

IMG_1206.png

IMG_1207.png

Nice build, I have a suggestion for the newbie
maybe start a 'Members build/restoration thread' here too

this is only the welcome wagon not as many viewers
nowhere near as many people/members seeing it
& it's not really the correct forum for continuing posts
Q&As & responses, more exposure

Enjoy the forum, nice work too

welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras, 68 is my favorite too

Looks like where the car came from. Half mile up the hill from the beach in Pacifica Ca.

Nice build, I have a suggestion for the newbie
maybe start a 'Members build/restoration thread' here too

this is only the welcome wagon not as many viewers
nowhere near as many people/members seeing it
& it's not really the correct forum for continuing posts
Q&As & responses, more exposure

Enjoy the forum, nice work too

welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras, 68 is my favorite too
Will do! Thanks

Welcome from Alabama, nice professional looking work, keep it going.

Auto Transport Service
Back