• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First time Mopar builder

Ty Don and BB70 Im thinking the Weiand should work well, is $60 cheaper than the Performer and the performance is about the same.
Now, here is my next issue as Im about ready to drop this motor into the car, Block hugger headers? I can shave probably 50 lbs off the weight from the stock exhaust manifolds but Im the guy that does NOT want to do it twice so I want to make sure I get good quality headers but Im also not Bill Gates so I cant afford $1k for headers, any tips or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Welcome from the show me state!! Nice car!!

Welcome to FBBO from SoCal - what part of CA are you in bro? You have a sweet ride there

ty Stephen Hotz.
I found a 426 4 spd Roadrunner today, needs restored. think its a 1968 maybe a 69. its basically body, Eng. Trans. may have shabby interior
I didnt see the grille but he may have the parts for it, any idea what its worth?

Well, I promised updates, here is the Engine I rebuilt. Now, I do have a serious question for all the Mopar Gearheads...... I have a 883 4 spd available, SHOULD I convert this car to 4 spd while Im doing the rebuild? And what will it entail to convert?

383.jpg

Well, I promised updates, here is the Engine I rebuilt. Now, I do have a serious question for all the Mopar Gearheads...... I have a 883 4 spd available, SHOULD I convert this car to 4 spd while Im doing the rebuild? And what will it entail to convert?

View attachment 866916
Since this is the 'Welcome Wagon' forum, how bout starting a new thread for the tech questions? You will most likely get more response too....

Don't worry, We're all in the same boat. I've made plenty of mistakes on this board.
Cranky is right. A build thread will get many more hits.Or any of the tech forums.
Anyway, If budget is not a problem. Go for it. The 4 speed change over,if you don't have the parts can get costly. Someone posted that a floor hump is in the $250 price range. It's just a piece if tin..:BangHead:.

Nice car.

Man, the 66/67 body style looks great in white.

Auto Transport Service
Back