• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fix for buttons on seat covers?

Rusty knuckles

Local time
12:45 PM
Reaction score
So I did the seats in my 69 charger probably 20 years ago now with legendary skins. However right from the start the buttons would pop off easily as you slid in. I cannot for the life of me get them back on. Is there a trick or tool for it?

20240413_182742.jpg

There is no way to fix this that I know of other than to take the seat cover off, remove the button, recover it and sew it back in. I have heard that in the past people saved their old buttons and installed them on the Legendary covers to avoid this common problem. I'm still not sure is Legendary ever fixed this issue?

Shoot. I was afraid that would be the answer.

FWIW, I dribbled paint on top of the button tabs and let it build up into a dome (multiple, multiple coats). I'd let the paint semi-dry until it was thicker and then apply. I don't think anyone could tell the difference and it lasted maybe 10 years until I sold the car. Of course, mine was black, so it was an easy color match. Maybe worth a try?

Auto Transport Service
Back