• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FIXED!! I believe I accidentally hit a "button" in the Emoji/Text/Bold/italics etc drop down and now none of that works

biomedtechguy

Accelerati Rapidus Maximus
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:58 AM
Reaction score
See screenshots. All of the available drop down functions don't work anymore. I am pretty sure I accidentally hit "something" on my screen that disabled it somehow?
I can still expand my choices by touching the 3 vertical dots, but the individual features no longer work...bold, Emoji chart, italics, etc. I will try on my desktop, but 99.5% of my forum time has ALWAYS been on my Samsung Galaxy Android smartphone.

Screenshot_20220809-114326_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220809-114354_Chrome.jpg

Has been weird for me as well. If you can click an emoji, it disappears.
So get out, go back in, then it might work.
Then the post reply is gone.
Get back out, back in again, emoji gone, but post reply is back.
Then say f#$k it, hit post reply before its your birthday again.

I just logged out and back in. THAT was NOT the issue, but I just "guessed" the correct symbol that has fixed the problem!
See circled in yellow symbol in the attached screenshot. Touching that is what created the problem and then made it go back to working properly again!

:thumbsup::carrot::luvplace:

Screenshot_20220809-120841_Chrome.jpg

Im not seeing any of these problems
It was a mistaken button push.
If you tap the button I circled in yellow (Post #3) the other buttons stop working, and the brackets and other stuff already present in text show.
For example, this first screenshot is buttons working:
Screenshot_20220809-170653_Chrome.jpg

And this is what it looks like when I tap that circled button, it shows all the "hidden stuff" in the text, but then I can't use any of the buttons for anything, they don't work.
Screenshot_20220809-170847_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220809-170851_Chrome.jpg

Bottom line?
I found the button that caused the problem, explained what happened, provided photo examples, circled the button in a photo that was the issue, fixed my problem when I figured it out, and that's the end of the story.
Oh, and I edited the title when I discovered the fix.

Auto Transport Service
Back