• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flaming River Steering Box Question

Ken56

Local time
8:47 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone had any trouble replacing a stock manual steering box with a Flaming River box? The one I have does not sit flush on the welded in stock mounting bracket. It seems either the new FR box needs to be shaved down in one spot or the bracket needs to be shaved down. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks, Ken

I wonder if you shave either of them will that not move the pitman arm one way or the other. I may be way over thinking this but I would think if you shave one part you must shave all sides to keep it square. Maybe you should use or weld in a spacer instead of shaving. Just a thought I'm sure someone will add to this that is much better. Keep us updated as this is the next part of my project that I will be working on.

Thanks for your reply bearman, I thought about a spacer but that would change where it sits. If I shave either part it would sit where it should.

I would call FR and ask them if defect.

Thanks Dave but I bought from someone who bought it a while ago but never used it or even opened the box. I ended up shaving just a small area that was touching the mounting bracket and all lined up perfect.

Auto Transport Service
Back