• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flippin Deer

hunt2elk

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:09 PM
Reaction score
I'm a lone wolf HVAC guy. Last service call yesterday afternoon and I smoked a deer head on. Big old 2500 RAM and hardly felt it. Check engine light is on. Probably something to do with the motorized louver system being gone. No fluids leaking, so that is good. Really can't afford to not have a truck right now. All the grill stuff, bumper is crinkled, condenser is bent. Ordered a new truck last June and planned on swapping over around Xmas. It has just been built, but not delivered yet....

20221018_065656.jpg

20221018_065713.jpg

6K in damage. It's still drivable, so we are sticking with the plan on swapping trucks in December. Just has the check engine light on because of the missing louvers.
That is if it gets here by then. Apparently my truck is 1 of 26,000 RAMs sitting in Mexico because there are no rail cars to get them to the States.

Man, that sucks. I know several people that totaled out their cars because of hitting one.

sorry to see & hear that

Deer meat white tailed deer-parts.jpg

Poor Ram,
the poor 'deer' didn't do as well I'd bet

Deer did you hear that car -lets go run across the road-.jpg

Sorry to hear about that incident Joel......but $6K - damn that's a lot of dollars for what looks like a small amount of damage.

Parts ain't cheap any more I guess. Hopefully that Check Engine light is only a warning with no real consequences.

Sorry to hear about that incident Joel......but $6K - damn that's a lot of dollars for what looks like a small amount of damage.

Parts ain't cheap any more I guess. Hopefully that Check Engine light is only a warning with no real consequences.
I had the dealer look at it today and they said it is fine to keep driving it as is.
6K is a lot. But all upper and lower grill parts and pieces, motorized louver assembly, bumper, trans cooler, condenser, and a bent core support. Plus the labor.
At least it didn't happen to my brand new rig.

I had the dealer look at it today and they said it is fine to keep driving it as is.
6K is a lot. But all upper and lower grill parts and pieces, motorized louver assembly, bumper, trans cooler, condenser, and a bent core support. Plus the labor.
At least it didn't happen to my brand new rig.
What is this motorized louver assembly??

What is this motorized louver assembly??
closes the grill off so when it's subzero or below 32* the engine
heater EFI eletronics computer etc. opperated properly, proper temps

when I was in Alaska in the mid 80's we'd put cardboard
in-front of the radiator, to do that, so we could get heat/defrost etc.
& the engine/carb wouldn't stay on choke & run rich as hell
old carb era still

And the hits just keep on commin!

300053251_369723345326540_4432635562931693356_n.jpg

closes the grill off so when it's subzero or below 32* the engine
heater EFI eletronics computer etc. opperated properly, proper temps
Same thing I do 'manually' when I block the radiator by 90% on my 97 Cummins lol only I don't have to worry about electronics all that much. :) I gave up years ago to try and get a T-stat that didn't 'fluctuate' on this thing. The temp would bounce back and forth from 140 to 180 constantly when running empty. Hauling something it wasn't so bad.

Friggen airheads. One ran into my motorcycle about a month ago, Around $3k to make it mint again. Then these two A-holes pulled this in my back yard last week. Going to buy a crossbow I think, Lots of trees here to hang them from too.

deer.jpg

john deer.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back