• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Floor Shift Conversion

MT_Mopar

Local time
12:05 PM
Reaction score
I was looking for do’s and don’ts for an install of a turbo action cheetah floor shifter to a TF 727 in a 67 Coronet.

I posted in the general driveline section without a reply here: http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopar...75372-Turbo-Action-Cheetah-Shifter-Cable-Help

I was hoping I could get some advice on cable routing and a general location on where to make the hole for the cable in the trans hump. The shifter has a forward facing cable which will need to be looped under the car to connect to the trans.

The car will be mostly used on the street with a trip or two to our local dragstrip.

Thanks

View attachment 197495

i'll go look on mine now and get back to you ASAP

- - - Updated - - -

I WOULDNT MOUNT THAT SHIFTER ON AN ANGLE. Mount it straight up.

i'll go look on mine now and get back to you ASAP

- - - Updated - - -

I WOULDNT MOUNT THAT SHIFTER ON AN ANGLE. Mount it straight up.

Thanks SSR, I was questioning if it was too far back and would make the cable loop to tight? Thanks again.

doesn't look too far back. hope these help, just straighten it up.

hope these help. top one is where my cable goes through.. About 4 inches from the front of my shifter console.

Attachments

• shifter placement.jpg
    shifter placement.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 145
  • shifter1.jpg
    shifter1.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 153
  • shifter2.jpg
    shifter2.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 143
Does the cable loop underneath first come out from the floorboard in front of the cross member, and then pass under it on the drivers side? I will pay cash for pics underneath! :headbang:

I want to make sure I route the cable loop underneath correctly.

THANKS A TON!

Does the cable loop underneath first come out from the floorboard in front of the cross member, and then pass under it on the drivers side? I will pay cash for pics underneath! :headbang:

I want to make sure I route the cable loop underneath correctly.

THANKS A TON!

**** good question. We got one problem, my car is in the trailer all loaded up for Friday.

ok I remember loop it on passenger side over top of back of bellhousing and then to trans. mount bracket.
ill see if I can get under there tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

yes it goes in front of the crossmember IIRC.

Auto Transport Service
Back