• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For all the bracket racers out there...

what is it your looking for ??

opinions on Bracket racing or the articles ??

there's plenty of rules in bracket racing, maybe not specific rules as to type of car,
carb or injection, blower or turbo, trans or electronics etc.,
but depending on when & where you race, whether or not electronics are allowed or not...

I do like watching cars with Trans-brakes launch hard, don't like them shutting down/throttle stop for 100ft thou...

I like some of the foot-braking bracket racing too, gets some of the $$$ & electronics out of the race

Bracket racing yeah, it's the most actively participated form of drag racing...

I personally prefer heads up runs, class, index or
run what you brung or match/grudge style racing much more, Pro's/semi-pro's sportsman racing
But it can also be far more expensive too, of course depending on the level you participate at...

it's kind of boring to me to, I don't like seeing a slower bracket cars against a really fast car,
I don't really like to see any really fast 6-7-8 second car slowed down to run
{old S/E 7.90} S/C 8.90, S/G 9.90, S/ST 10.90, at-least they leave at the same time

I do like Comp Eliminator allot, it's a better form of class bracket racing still

But cars with a bunch of electronics just to run a specific dial in,
not really my thing, I still go & watch thou...

not a big fan of a Full-tree either, especially the 0.5 tenths tree,
I like Pro-tree the best, 0.4 tenths

sorry I'm not trying to offend anyone,
too each their own, that's my honest unfiltered opinions

just my $0.02 cents

I was looking for opinions on the articles, I've never heard of anything like what they were mentioning just wanted to see if anyone heard of this kinda stuff before.

the slew rate {not skew} is concerning a style of electronic or computer program,
it's many functions, traction aid, fuel supplies, programmable ignitions, launch rpm blah blah blah,
in the cars with all the numerous electronics used in bracket racing today...

Is what I got out of it...

not anything really new...

maybe I need to reread it/them

I did not know they were even using something like that. It sounds like the "Slew" that he is talking about is a controller that will controll your ign and limit the rpm so if the air gets better you wont pick up and run out and if the air gets worse you can pick the car up some as the program would take lets say my car. If I know I can usually run 10.80's or better I program about a 10.95 in the car and dail that. Once I play with it and know the programs when I get to the track you only need one run and then if i I run say 10.82 all out I can dail 10.95 and use the program to run that. If it gets more humid out and the car slows a little which means it might still run a 10.88 flat out then I can dail the program to pick the car a little since the program limits it from all out so you have some to pick the car back up if needed. I feel sorry for a racer who has to do that to win. Takes the fun out of it as myself I love foot brake racing my car and trying to run my dail. Ron

I don't agree with what they are doing, but kind of understand it if they are racing for money. "whatever it takes" mentality.
What I really don't understand are the guys that show up with this stuff for "fun events." I was at a nostalgia trophy race last year where I was up against a guy with a 9 second Camaro. He was dialed in at 11.30. Same class as me. He took off and had half a track on me. at the end it was close. I lost. When I got the time slip, I saw he ran 11.30 @ 88 mph. REALLY? For a trophy?

I don't agree with what they are doing, but kind of understand it if they are racing for money. "whatever it takes" mentality.
What I really don't understand are the guys that show up with this stuff for "fun events." I was at a nostalgia trophy race last year where I was up against a guy with a 9 second Camaro. He was dialed in at 11.30. Same class as me. He took off and had half a track on me. at the end it was close. I lost. When I got the time slip, I saw he ran 11.30 @ 88 mph. REALLY? For a trophy?

I did it at Etown years ago. they made me dial an 11.50 in my 65 blue Plymouth. Ran a 11.501 FTW
I HAVE VIDEO FOR PROOF.

- - - Updated - - -

WAIT FOR IT!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF_tYm0be3Y&list=UUM9_BKJgPRTfpVgks4hRA0A

Hahahaha. SUPERSANDBAGGERRACER FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back