• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For Sale Listing

Larry4261

Local time
7:32 PM
Reaction score
How long does a For Sale Listing stay active? If an item has not sold in over a month is it advisable to relist the ad so it may get more attention?

If the item hasn't sold in a month, it would be a good idea to bump it back to the top. A price decrease will usually help the selling process too.

Is dropping the the price against the rules for non gold members?
what about adding more information to the thread?
Is it my understanding that a non gold member can post a sale thread once and is not allowed to add anything after that or be guilty of bumping?
what if I have ten of the same item do we make ten threads or make one thread and when it sells make a new thread and so on ?

Is it my understanding that a non gold member can post a sale thread once and is not allowed to add anything after that or be guilty of bumping?
what if I have ten of the same item do we make ten threads or make one thread and when it sells make a new thread and so on ?
If you have 10 and you sold one all you need to do is write a reply saying 9 left...

Dropping the price (a reasonable amount) is allowed. Things like "just like new" will fit your car" and the like are considered bumps and not allowed. You are not a Gold member and are not allowed to bump your sale ads. Gold members can bump ads once every 3 days.

If you add info, that’s fine. If you add minor info several times it will look like you’re bumping and we will catch it. You can usually tell when someone is bumping and when someone is being legit

Become a Gold Member and relist the car for $50 more.
:p

I have seen and deleted quite a few $1 price reductions on multi $100 sales.. I was born on a Friday but not last Friday!!

...until you get someone who tries to be clever and has 2 pages of "prices drops, or x number left" posts. That is just taking the piss.
You know that will happen but I was referring to normal respectful members..

Auto Transport Service
Back