• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

for sale: NOT MINE....69 Charger.....when will the madness end?

So, which direction will most people go when '68-'70 B-bodies are priced into the stratosphere? Pre-1968 or Post-1970?
Newer. People aren't getting younger. Younger generations don't have the same stigma about 71-74, or even 75-79 that the older generations do. They do however like disc brakes and power steering/brakes.
They may go older, but it will be for Imperials or something else with a LOT of character.

Being triple green and the low quality explains that price.
Just out of interest, what are seeing that is low quality?
Looking at the pictures (on my phone admittedly) it looks pretty good.
I understand the wheels are the wrong year but what else are you seeing?

Overall it does present pretty well... The stripe is completely wrong, it's not an R/T so it shouldn't have a stripe but ignoring that it has the wrong stripe, the 68 stripe is the best from 68-70 but instead it has a 70 stripe...

Air shocks with flat rear springs is an interesting feature...

A few weekends with some beers, a little bit of bondo, and she'll be mint as Day 1.

1706153317102.png

The Bondo has arrived.....
1706153406394.jpeg

As mentioned, the goofy wrong stripe. But if you look closer at the lower valance and corner caps, they look a bit off. No license plate bumpers is a small detail that is skipped.
1706182640446.png

Cheapo replacemnet floor pan with no body plug holes. Also, notice the bend on the bottom of the quarter panel.
1706182668750.png

As mentioned, they opted for air shocks instead of installing new springs. Note the cheapo universal exhaust hanger bolted through the trunk floor.
1706182698429.png

Full quarters have been installed. How do I know? They didn't trim the excess metal that's showing past the wheelwell molding.
1706182813325.png

Overall, this doesn't look bad, but notice the cheapo radiator cap, cheapo batter cables, improperly run headlight vacuum hoses, wrong master cylinder, distributor cap, wrong PS pump & p. brake diaphragm, electronic ignition, painted rh inspection cover & I'm sure that a whole lot more could be seen in person.
1706182830687.png

Overstuffed seat bottoms & it's hard to tell, but I think the dome light switch has been painted over. No public law decal.
1706183671035.png

The details I pointed out are often overlooked by the untrained eye, but I'd have to say that this car was a rot box that has had a sub-par "restoration". I don't think that I'm wrong in saying that this car looks better in pictures than it does in person, which was reflected in the selling price.

Thanks for the education. Clearly there's people that know and people that don't. I'm the latter.
If you ever come to Australia I'm not letting you look at my car. You'd probably tell me to part it out.

Thanks for the education. Clearly there's people that know and people that don't. I'm the latter.
If you ever come to Australia I'm not letting you look at my car. You'd probably tell me to part it out.
That’s too funny gotta say, WOW

RC tells it like it is, no sugar coating expressed or implied! Feelings are going to be hurt! Lol

Ha, ha: Sure the basketcase is junk but I'm probably not the only one that started to formulate a plan on how to attack it with the $10k of AMD sitting in the wings waiting to be welded in. Painting it green would probably be part of the plan too, 318 not so much.

Ha, ha: Sure the basketcase is junk but I'm probably not the only one that started to formulate a plan on how to attack it with the $10k of AMD sitting in the wings waiting to be welded in. Painting it green would probably be part of the plan too, 318 not so much.

Save yourself a lot of time, money and aggravation and buy a car that’s complete and together. Preferably one that’s not a rot box.

That's the problem though. You have to be sure what you buy isn't someone else's perfumed rotbox that was incorrectly repaired. I can see buying a project like this and repairing it correctly but the buy-in has to be reasonable and you do it for the love not the "investment". My son has just spent another $40k on Hellcat engine and trans upgrade on this 68. You have to be careful doing that to something someone else has "fixed" and is selling you.

charger26.JPG

It's the same reasoning why I am not keen to sell my house and move into someone else's renovation nightmare. :rolleyes:
100% Agree... I'd love to move outta this state, but I've got seventeen years of home projects making this house mine... Don't have the desire to do it all again....

As mentioned, the goofy wrong stripe. But if you look closer at the lower valance and corner caps, they look a bit off. No license plate bumpers is a small detail that is skipped.
View attachment 1597797

Cheapo replacemnet floor pan with no body plug holes. Also, notice the bend on the bottom of the quarter panel.
View attachment 1597798

As mentioned, they opted for air shocks instead of installing new springs. Note the cheapo universal exhaust hanger bolted through the trunk floor.
View attachment 1597799

Full quarters have been installed. How do I know? They didn't trim the excess metal that's showing past the wheelwell molding.
View attachment 1597800

Overall, this doesn't look bad, but notice the cheapo radiator cap, cheapo batter cables, improperly run headlight vacuum hoses, wrong master cylinder, distributor cap, wrong PS pump & p. brake diaphragm, electronic ignition, painted rh inspection cover & I'm sure that a whole lot more could be seen in person.
View attachment 1597801

Overstuffed seat bottoms & it's hard to tell, but I think the dome light switch has been painted over. No public law decal.
View attachment 1597802

The details I pointed out are often overlooked by the untrained eye, but I'd have to say that this car was a rot box that has had a sub-par "restoration". I don't think that I'm wrong in saying that this car looks better in pictures than it does in person, which was reflected in the selling price.
She'll be at a dealer next week, with a photo spread in Hemmings, and a new price of only $125,000.00 :p
Complete with the famous "full FRAME OFF restoration!" :rolleyes:

Last edited:
She'll be at a dealer next week, with a photo spread in Hemmings, and a new price of only $125,000.00 :p
....and a fantastic story about how it was driven around the mean streets of the Bronx late at night by a retired Store Detective looking for cheap thrills by racing unsuspecting grannies. :rolleyes:

Auto Transport Service
Back