• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For Sale - Not Mine - Why is everything a barn find?

With a A19 SPD the Pentastar would be correct. They were put on 72's built up to December of 71.

As far as the car there is so much wrong makes me sick:
Radiator
Exhaust
wheels
shifter
engine compartment as a whole
ETC...

Ron

it is the easy way to identifying a flipper.

flipper.jpg

what the ad should say is instead of Barn Find is..

i found this car and i bought it for pennies on the dollar
suckering out the owner who had no clue what he had by telling him a swan song father son deal
and now i'm looking for a sap sucker to pay my way to Tahiti

What's worse than seeing the words "Barn Find" in a Mopar listing?

"FRESH BARN FIND"

WTF!!!! Fresh barn find???? Meaning you took the car from not being in a barn and then placed it in a barn right before you placed the ad?? So technically you would be telling the truth to the buying market.

This SH@T needs to end.

Makes me want to puke on myself when chevy and ford guys take a mopar and paint the engine compartment black rather than body color. Drives me nuts.
I had no other option with mine. When I bought it, it was already re-painted a different color. It was originally lemon twist yellow. Some one painted it purple, and did the engine bay in black. Am I going to strip the whole car down to the shell and re-do all the paint and body work? NOPE!! well maybe in 15-20 more years...

I had no other option with mine. When I bought it, it was already re-painted a different color. It was originally lemon twist yellow. Some one painted it purple, and did the engine bay in black. Am I going to strip the whole car down to the shell and re-do all the paint and body work? NOPE!! well maybe in 15-20 more years...

This is why I leave my shut at any MoPaR swap meet I attend. My main purpose for going to swap meets is either to buy or sell. Either way I buy a swap spot inside even though I might not be selling at that show, I use it as a convenient parking spot.

But I do like to take my Charger, not to show it but just to drive it there. It's nothing fancy, it's just a driver. My engine compartment is not black but if I were to open the hood and leave it open, there would be idiots sticking their noses in there pointing out all the incorrectness. "It's just a driver, do you see me participating it in any of the classes? I'm way over here in the swap section"

Never again.

Agreed! I kind of feel bad for the guy that originally was trying to sell it. He couldn't take less than 17,000 himself. I really wanted that car myself but couldn't afford the initial price plus resto. I bet when he doesn't get his wanted price, he will end the bid and re set it up hoping to get more on the next go around.

Looks like I was right! Must have driven up the bidding himself once he saw it wasn't going anywhere.

Now its no reserve but I would be willing to bet $10 bucks he will list it again when he wins his own auction when the price doesn't go up.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-Plymo...ash=item2ccb20919f:g:rmsAAOSwr1taAeDr&vxp=mtr

"Flipping" cars, is for those who know the market, have money to invest, and are credible enough to do it repeatedly. It's not easy. I bought and sold cars for the first 25 years in the hobby. I'd buy a diamond in the rough, make it a great car...drive it for a summer. Then, there was always someone who wanted it. I always drove a different piece of old mopar-muscle. Using false advertising is totally wrong, and a person should/will be known for that. I've never had those issues.

Auto Transport Service
Back