• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the Love for my Father, My 69 GTX Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came across another fleebay find.....Here is a NOS USA Carter version of the M4434 440 fuel pump. This is not the early style production line version which is on the X. The early factory line pump had casted "made in Canada"......I am not sure when the actual change occurred with Carter and its production facilities but this pump is similar to the older style. At some point I am going to research the timeframe when these pumps changed to made in the USA......

So no this is not an assembly line correct pump but the housing is the same to the original style. The current ones available are way different........

carter1.jpg
carter2.jpg
carter3.jpg
carter4.jpg
carter5.jpg
carter6.jpg
carter7.jpg
carter8.jpg

After some years of searching I found a correct washer pump for the X. It is dated 2748 which equates to 9/30/1968 which falls in the appropriated window for the X's build date. This find was from an unlikely source and never thought to ask......after years of searching, lol....I will be sending the cap and screws out for plating and will soon restore the housing....

IMG_0949.jpg
IMG_0947.jpg
IMG_0950.jpg
IMG_0948.jpg

Found a decent ultra rare GTX rear tail panel emblem. It has a few pits but so did the original one on my X that I sent out to Pauls Chrome. They were able to restore it beautifully.......

These are extremely had to find in decent shape. This is my second spare and my other one is near mint....I have yet to see an NOS one....

IMG_0951-2.jpg
IMG_0952.jpg

I am posting these here to give some of you guys an idea just where the parts industry is going. Here are two later produced charger sail panel script emblems. These carry the correct part numbers on the rear and are the correct size, thickness, weight and finish......They have been discontinued from Ma Mopar and will no longer be available........

If you sit and wait thinking in a few years things will be readily available, think again.......You have to think for the future or you will be buying some cheap knock off that will not fit nor function as the original parts....

IMG_0954.jpg
IMG_0955.jpg

After some years of searching I found a correct washer pump for the X. It is dated 2748 which equates to 9/30/1968 which falls in the appropriated window for the X's build date. This find was from an unlikely source and never thought to ask......after years of searching, lol....I will be sending the cap and screws out for plating and will soon restore the housing....

I could use that right now!! Plug the hose outlet and blow in the intake, make sure it doesn't leak out the pump shaft seal !

I could use that right now!! Plug the hose outlet and blow in the intake, make sure it doesn't leak out the pump shaft seal !
The more pertinent question is, will there be fluid in the reservoir?

Good point and I will also test the motor

The mechanic is right, at least post a pic of you car in the street proving that you drive it :steering::lol:
I cant drive it because it is currently 3 hours away in a museum.....

Did you not see my video earlier in this thread showing its first voyage?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back