• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Forbes: How much does roof replacement cost in 2024?

Shingle. $25,000k for 1850 Square. Just had a storm of the decade test. Passed. No leaks or loose/lost shingles. Next time, somebody else's problem. Beats the hell out of buckets and Kommiefornia Blue Tarps.

Shingle. $25,000k for 1850 Square. Just had a storm of the decade test. Passed. No leaks or loose/lost shingles. Next time, somebody else's problem. Beats the hell out of buckets and Kommiefornia Blue Tarps.
Geez Dennis, you should have stayed in PA, lol. I won’t say how much mine cost. But I have to buy you a beer when we meet in Carlisle.

Mine is now about 5 years old.
Done by a giant roofer in WI from the Fox Valley. One of very few in the country certified by Owens Corning as an installer to offer a 50 year warranty. Warranty is transferable(once) if I should sell.
I paid $8500 out the door, they stripped, patched a few bad spots on the base, membraned it, put a special extra thick valley membrane in the two valleys, added roof vents, did entire roof. Big flat ranch house with one giant "dormer" type over the kitchen(not sure what to call it, peak runs perpendicular to the main roof, but as wide as the whole room) something in the high 20's squares.
Current admin pricing is now over $20k.
I was sort of irritated by the cost back then. I wonder what all the people that bought the McMansions around here in 2006 are doing right about now with the roof and windows?
I need windows. I am not sure how I am going to pay for them though.
Cost of owning a home has at least doubled in the last 3 years, buy it or repair it, same difference.

Auto Transport Service
Back