• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Forever Sharp Steering Wheels

Daniel Krause

Local time
1:55 PM
Reaction score
Hi all,
Just found out my stock 16” two spoke steering wheel on my ‘66 Coronet is not repairable. I know there is a repop, but two vendors have told me there are problems with fitment at present.
So, looking at aftermarket. I like the Forever Sharp wheels, but their selection of 15” wheels is limited. Most are 14”. Was concerned that the 14” diameter may not look right in my B Body (too small?).
Anyone have experience or opinions on a 14” steering wheel?
Daniel

Hi all,
Just found out my stock 16” two spoke steering wheel on my ‘66 Coronet is not repairable. I know there is a repop, but two vendors have told me there are problems with fitment at present.
So, looking at aftermarket. I like the Forever Sharp wheels, but their selection of 15” wheels is limited. Most are 14”. Was concerned that the 14” diameter may not look right in my B Body (too small?).
Daniel
Just installed one of theirs in my coronet.
20211130_205650.jpg

for 16" wheel.
I ordered a grant 976 which is 14.5" . they sent a 971 which is 16". I liked the 16 so much I kept it instead. I wanted a thin rim also.

IMG_1176.jpg

My father in law bought thier wood grain replica for his Nova, its a nice wheel but the wood is a compisite and looks/feels kinda of cheap. It looks ok from 5' but is apperent that its not real wood when up close.

I like the period/retro "The 500" or similar foamy, three spoke Grant look for a mostly stock or "day 2" type build.

Be aware that most wheels smaller than 13-13.5 will likely block the speedometer.

for 16" wheel.
I ordered a grant 976 which is 14.5" . they sent a 971 which is 16". I liked the 16 so much I kept it instead. I wanted a thin rim also.

Nice. No issues with the Grant Horn kit as some others have mentioned? Was there a spacer included which seems to fix the problem if encountered?

My father in law bought thier wood grain replica for his Nova, its a nice wheel but the wood is a compisite and looks/feels kinda of cheap. It looks ok from 5' but is apperent that its not real wood when up close.
Ah, good to know. Thanks

Nice. No issues with the Grant Horn kit as some others have mentioned? Was there a spacer included which seems to fix the problem if encountered?
no,no real issues. on mine the little twist in insulator with the spring contact needs to be trimmer to make the horn work. I have not done that yet but I know it will work.

Hi all,
Daniel

I would think you could find a good used one. Aftermarket look kind of cheesy on a stock type car, unless you have a modified car.

Auto Transport Service
Back