• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found another 67 RT that I'm looking to purchase, wanting feedback

Dallas67RT

Local time
4:40 PM
Reaction score
Good afternoon, I had looked at a 67 RT a few months ago and decided to pass since the price that was being asked was too high for a car that didn't have the original 440 HP engine. Since then I found another car that I have agreed on a price. It's a WS2 car that was originally red exterior, black interior (see the VIN and Fender Tag). It appears to have a 71 440 in the car and not sure on the heads but has the HP exhaust manifolds. It currently isn't running but the engine turns. It appears to have very little rust and the price we are looking at is $8k. Wanted to get thoughts from all of you on what you think about that price in today's market. Thanks, Russell
Vin.JPG
Fender Tag.jpg
Engine Stamp.JPEG
Engine 1.jpg
Front Passenger Side.jpg
Front Driver Side.jpg
Rear Passenger Side.jpg
Trunk.jpg
Interior 2.jpg

$8000 and little rust,are all the trim parts there on the car? I think its a good deal if its solid. Did you check for bondo?

Pretty cool, first time I've seen a VIN tag stamped upside down.

Thank you. I'll make sure and check it thoroughly in person before the deal is done. Intending to go get the car 2 weeks from today.

67's don't have VIN's stamped on motor. So all you need to do is get a 67 dated HP motor. Not necessarily easy, but easier than finding a long lost motor with your vin on it. 67 Air cleaners and chrome valve covers are tough to find too.

Also 67 cars can get Chrysler historical punch card reports.

There's a C440 HP near here, but a long drive from Dallas!

It looks like a pretty good R/T for the $$$. I have a 1967 R/T, too. When I bought mine back in 1986, they were rarely seen. Now, more and more, they are popping up here on the forum.

Thank you all. Good to know about the 67 Block if I decide to get the correct engine at some point. Will just need to make sure it's date coded prior to the car production date.
Dave saw your 64 Polara logo also. I found a guy who has a 64 Polara 500 with the original 426 Street wedge and 4spd and has the build sheet. Body is overall in pretty good shape but it needs a full resto. He won't budge off of $18K. Just a little more than I was wanting to spend but would be fun car.

Thank you all. Good to know about the 67 Block if I decide to get the correct engine at some point. Will just need to make sure it's date coded prior to the car production date.
Dave saw your 64 Polara logo also. I found a guy who has a 64 Polara 500 with the original 426 Street wedge and 4spd and has the build sheet. Body is overall in pretty good shape but it needs a full resto. He won't budge off of $18K. Just a little more than I was wanting to spend but would be fun car.
That sounds like it would be a nice car. We never got the 426 Street Wedge up here in Canada. Our top engine choice was 330 h.p. 383 4- bbl. My '64 Polara now has a 440 in it, but I dressed it up with chrome Street Wedge chrome air cleaner and valve covers. All engines were red in Canada in 1964.

P6130006.JPG

Yes it’s a factory AC car which is a good option here in Tx.
Dave, your Polara engine compartment looks great.
Russell

That sounds like it would be a nice car. We never got the 426 Street Wedge up here in Canada. Our top engine choice was 330 h.p. 383 4- bbl. My '64 Polara now has a 440 in it, but I dressed it up with chrome Street Wedge chrome air cleaner and valve covers. All engines were red in Canada in 1964.

View attachment 1603565
Dave, you sure about that? Have a buddy in Courtright that had one, 4spd as well. Can't remember if it was a '64 or '65 though. Next time I see him I will ask him.

He might have special-ordered it, Mike. If it had a green motor, it came out of U.S.A. Canadian sales brochure does not mention 426 Street Wedge or 426 Maximum Performance. A friend of mine special-ordered a new 1962 Dart Super Stock 413, but it came from U.S.A. Never manufactured in Canada.

Good morning everyone. I brought back the 67 RT 2 weeks ago and finally getting a chance to work on it today. It's missing the fuel pump and my question is given that it has a replacement engine G440 (believe it's a 71 440 passenger car engine), trying to figure out what mechanical fuel pump to purchase. The local Autozone provided 2 part numbers for a 67 440 engine (#A1064MP or AMF0056). I had them lookup the fuel pump for a 71 Monaco as the other possible option and those part numbers are A1043MP or AMF0060. Any suggestions on which one to use would be appreciated. Thank you, Russell

Good afternoon, I had looked at a 67 RT a few months ago and decided to pass since the price that was being asked was too high for a car that didn't have the original 440 HP engine. Since then I found another car that I have agreed on a price. It's a WS2 car that was originally red exterior, black interior (see the VIN and Fender Tag). It appears to have a 71 440 in the car and not sure on the heads but has the HP exhaust manifolds. It currently isn't running but the engine turns. It appears to have very little rust and the price we are looking at is $8k. Wanted to get thoughts from all of you on what you think about that price in today's market. Thanks, RussellView attachment 1603041View attachment 1603042View attachment 1603043View attachment 1603046View attachment 1603047View attachment 1603048View attachment 1603049View attachment 1603050View attachment 1603051
Good morning. It's been a few weeks since I picked up this RT. Running into the details now as far as getting everything hooked up to try and get it running again. Does anyone know where I can locate a copy of the Electrical Diagram/Wiring Diagram for a 67 Coronet that I can print off. I'm going to try and get wire connected myself but if unsuccessful will give that diagram to a mechanic I use to see if he can get everything hooked up. Russell

Try to find a Factory Service Manual (FSM). These have been reprinted and have all the wiring diagrams in them, as well as all kinds of valuable information to help you get your car together. I use mine all the time.

I wish i had taken a pic, but last year at a cruise a guy showed up with a 67 rt in medium blue, same interior, it was lighter than b5, sorry don't know the codes,
One of the most beautiful cars I have ever seen.
Go for it!

Auto Transport Service
Back