• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found my dream car (demo derby winner)

Nice car. A few hard to find parts but if you take your time hopefully they'll come to you.

I like that it's yellow. Yellow looks good with a black interior and dark torque thrusts, and one sees few yellow cars out and about.

I didn't think to look for the certicard. Glove box or radiator support? I would like to meet the lady school teacher who ordered a no power steering, no power brake, no a/c, big block four speed B-Body with power windows in May of 1966.

The commercial version of a concept car... with four bucket seats to boot. Very cool. I notice it has Hemi mufflers. Other than them, it appears to be all original.

nice find

good luck

scared a few with the derby comment :lol:

I didn't think to look for the certicard. Glove box or radiator support? I would like to meet the lady school teacher who ordered a no power steering, no power brake, no a/c, big block four speed B-Body with power windows in May of 1966.

The commercial version of a concept car... with four bucket seats to boot. Very cool. I notice it has Hemi mufflers. Other than them, it appears to be all original.

Talked to a guy who does restoration on these vehicles. He says to get the dash out as soon as possible and as carefully as possible. Those gauges are very "fragile". If you scratch the paint, damage the wiring, they're toast and have to be replaced, they can't be fixed. Just FYI.

nice find

good luck

scared a few with the derby comment :lol:

It looks like it has a story or two. Bumped both ends and down the side. Not quite a derby look, but working on it.

Talked to a guy who does restoration on these vehicles. He says to get the dash out as soon as possible and as carefully as possible. Those gauges are very "fragile". If you scratch the paint, damage the wiring, they're toast and have to be replaced, they can't be fixed. Just FYI.

I figured replace everything under the hood, hook up a 2-10 amp battery charger, and see what the dash does. Dash harnesses are not cheap.
I thought I have read about somebody who restores the gauges.

Yup: Great car I think, I'd love to own it. Love the colour on it and the 4 speed and PW.

Those gauges are very "fragile". If you scratch the paint, damage the wiring, they're toast and have to be replaced, they can't be fixed. Just FYI.

They can be fixed, check into the 66/67 charger section on FBBO. Electroluminescent dashes are the cats ***. Mark Gibson is on here and can direct you. There are others as well. Awesome cars!

Electroluminescent dashes are the cats ***.

I loved the design of the dash before I knew about the electroluminescent paint and now I WANT ONE!:)
I just want to hang it on the wall like a masterpiece painting. It's GORGEOUS!
I'll let my friend know about fixing them, I'm sure he'll be very interested. Thanks! I look forward to seeing one again at a car show. The interior is also fantastic!

I have this one for parts in Northern California
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back