• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Four door Hemi

There was 2 hemi cars imported to Finland as new. 67 4 door Belvedere and 67 GTX. No others. Both still exist, GTX is restored in late 90s. Belvedere has always been in Finland, owner (finnish) lives part of the years in Arizona.

One '66 Coronet and one '67 Belvedere Hemi four-door each went to Finland. The '66 is very well-documented. Not going to argue, just going by information available since the early 1980s.

Correction - SWEDEN is where the '66 Hemi Coronet 4-door sold new. Had Finland on the brain today.

What about 1966 Hemi Plymouth belvedere four doors I have two people that told me they saw or owned them? Where are they now ,why were they built???

There is a 1963 Plymouth Fury Max Wedge 4-door sedan that is known to exist. It was in a few Mopar magazines a few years ago.
We have another one that has been in our barn for almost 20 years. We’re currently getting it out and cleaned up. My be for sale soon.

What about 1966 Hemi Plymouth belvedere four doors I have two people that told me they saw or owned them? Where are they now ,why were they built???

None confirmed, AFAIK. Supposedly, a '67 Belvedere I four-door HEMI car was built, but that, too, is not known for certain. In 1966, a Hemi could be ordered in any model and any body style B-body. That was tightened up considerably for the 1967MY, as the HEMI was to be used in the Super Stock cars, along with Coronet R/T and Belvedere GTX only. Could an exception have slipped through? Perhaps.

We have another one that has been in our barn for almost 20 years. We’re currently getting it out and cleaned up. My be for sale soon.

The four-door Max Wedge cars are known, supposed to be two of them, as I remember from sometime in the wild, wild West days pre-Interwebz. I think it was MCG where I read that, sometime in the early '90s???

None confirmed, AFAIK. Supposedly, a '67 Belvedere I four-door HEMI car was built, but that, too, is not known for certain. In 1966, a Hemi could be ordered in any model and any body style B-body. That was tightened up considerably for the 1967MY, as the HEMI was to be used in the Super Stock cars, along with Coronet R/T and Belvedere GTX only. Could an exception have slipped through? Perhaps.

The four-door Max Wedge cars are known, supposed to be two of them, as I remember from sometime in the wild, wild West days pre-Interwebz. I think it was MCG where I read that, sometime in the early '90s???

That’s what we have found out. 1 was a high compression and the one we have is low compression. I started a new thread and posted pictures. Just hoping to find out all about it.

I'm working on it, need to get all my facts straight been nearly 30 years since I bought it. And 25 since I sold it.
My bad.
Totally forgot about this.
I visited the original owner (Ishmeal Dew) (Barnwell SC or NC) of the 63 Fury after I bought it from a broker (Chip Gerst).
I did a total resto on it and one best of show at Englishtown in 91 or 92. I still have the jacket they gave for the win. I also won the next year with my A12 RR still have the jacket also.
MCG came to my house and did an extensive 6 or so page article on it. I'll get the mag out and post it.
It was featured at Carlisle in 1992 in the main building.
Ish gave me the window sticker, BOS and several trophies he won locally.
I'll put together a story of how I acquired it.
stay tuned.

If I hit the $billion Power Ball I’d put a 500” Crate Hemi in my daily.
233CF544-4B5D-42CD-B82B-ACD88C29FDE4.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back