• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Four Door Satellite/Belvedere Projects

1969VAGTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:02 PM
Reaction score
I have been checking out a four door Satellite a few minutes from my house that a gentleman has just sitting in his back yard. It appears to be a 68 or 69 (just based on observation of body lines from the road). Anyone have any experience restoring or modding out a four door one of these cars and have some pictures and ideas to share? I am debating making him an offer to buy the car and turning it into a "cool" street car (maybe even a bit of a sleeper). Biggest challenge I have seen in researching is finding sheet metal to replace anything that is rusted or damaged. Could use some recommendations on that as well. If I can get some pictures and talk to the owner, I will share more. Thanks.

AMD will be your friend, but you’ll need to cut the 2 door stuff to fit your crew cab.

AMD will be your friend, but you’ll need to cut the 2 door stuff to fit your crew cab.
That's kind of what I figured. I wonder if door skins are standard size even on a four door? Admittedly, I haven't gotten a close look at this thing yet, so I could get scared off if it looks too bad up close. But I have been getting an urge for a low key project that would be a fun driver.

Love my more-door.

IMG_20230604_145834441.jpg

Tons of fun, and...different. Mechanically it's a b-body like a RR, so all the go fast stuff still applies. But you'll have a body that is unique, and it'll stand out. I say, grab it.

What is different between 2 & 4 door is a relatively short list. Not the same, all glass, doors, A pillar, roof, dutchman and quarters...and to some extent rockers.

The same....everything forward of the firewall....everything. Heading towards the back....the inner and outer front door hinge panels, the floorboard, inner rockers, rear footwells, rear seat panel, trunk floor, gas tank, gas tank mounting hardware, inner and outer wheel tubs rear framerails, seat brackets, trunk lid, tail lights, bumpers, dash assembly, front door hinges, door strikers.

4 door cars are often overlooked, but they are a treasure trove for being a parts car for a 2 door. Even some of the 4 door specific stuff can make great patch panels for a 2 door.

Going the 4 door hotrod is also a lower cost approach as you can often get into the 4 door at a much lower entry price. I'm also 4 door biased.....67 Belvedere moordoor 512 stroker, mini tub, 4 speed.

IMG_0819.JPG

IMG_0760.JPG

67 Belvedere moordoor 512 stroker, mini tub, 4 speed.
Hell yea!

My '72 wagon

face.jpg

IMG_20150426_175545_790.jpg

Born 318/904, 8.75" SG 3.23. Swapped to 360/380 crate motor, reverse/manual 727, 2400 stall. Currently an LA 360 with a "normal" 727. Waiting for me to get off my *** and finish collecting bits to install my '05 5.7 Hemi, possibly/probably with a procharger.

Newer, I have my factory-turbo 1990 minivan:

801469.jpg

Factory 2.5 4 cylinder turbo, upgraded with an intercooler, a manual boost controller (14psi instead of stock 7psi), Shelby swaybars front and rear, quick ratio Shelby steering rack, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, and coming soon a custom computer calibrated for +40% injectors, 3BAR MAP sensor, and fuel and timing curves for up to 28psi boost.

Yeah, I like my more-doors...

Love my more-door.

View attachment 1483542

Tons of fun, and...different. Mechanically it's a b-body like a RR, so all the go fast stuff still applies. But you'll have a body that is unique, and it'll stand out. I say, grab it.
Very cool. I saw a 1967 Dodge Coronet 440 4 door on ebay recently. It was all there, even the jack. The car is solid, and not eaten up with the tin worm. Small block with factory AC, Sadly though it's gone, it's probably going to be stripped of its parts, and discarded. That Dodge would be a cool 5.7 transplant sleeper/plainclothes cop car. It will end up saving some two door hardtop rustbucket, haha the project that never gets finished.

What is different between 2 & 4 door is a relatively short list. Not the same, all glass, doors, A pillar, roof, dutchman and quarters...and to some extent rockers.

The same....everything forward of the firewall....everything. Heading towards the back....the inner and outer front door hinge panels, the floorboard, inner rockers, rear footwells, rear seat panel, trunk floor, gas tank, gas tank mounting hardware, inner and outer wheel tubs rear framerails, seat brackets, trunk lid, tail lights, bumpers, dash assembly, front door hinges, door strikers.

4 door cars are often overlooked, but they are a treasure trove for being a parts car for a 2 door. Even some of the 4 door specific stuff can make great patch panels for a 2 door.

Going the 4 door hotrod is also a lower cost approach as you can often get into the 4 door at a much lower entry price. I'm also 4 door biased.....67 Belvedere moordoor 512 stroker, mini tub, 4 speed.

View attachment 1483822

View attachment 1483823
Yep.

20230311_100636.jpg

20210921_123929.jpg

20230317_133242.jpg

20230317_133304.jpg

20210921_124142.jpg

With the B-pillars and stronger C-pillar areas, 4-doors make for nice solid drivers, especially if you add frame connectors and torque boxes.
And the value is lower, so more money to spend on parts, and less to worry about when out on the road.

91.JPG

With the B-pillars and stronger C-pillar areas, 4-doors make for nice solid drivers, especially if you add frame connectors and torque boxes.
And the value is lower, so more money to spend on parts, and less to worry about when out on the road.

View attachment 1530831
You don't have to worry about the correct paint, matching numbers mafia too.

Auto Transport Service
Back