• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Four speed console carpet placement on a 69 roadrunner.

blue69runner

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:18 AM
Reaction score
Have the piece with the vinyl sowed on the ends. Then the strip with notches cut out. Gave me one big piece of carpet. Think that should be cut for the fiber glass cover on the hump side. Any help would be appreciated. Looked all over the web for pictures but no luck. Down to getting it in the car and done. Thanks blue69runner

Here are a couple of the rear carpet.

carpet 1.jpg carpet 2.jpg carpet 3.jpg

That make a lot more sense now that you showed it to me. Never would have thought that piece went like that. LOL. I was saying to my self where dose it go. Thanks a bunch for clearing that up. Got to say my gas pedal is close to the hump cover. Put it back where it was before and it lines up with the throttle lever as before. So time will tell when I try to put the carpet on the hump cover. Thanks again. Just to ask is their any more on the on the passenger side other than the piece up front where the trim goes. See some open down to the back after that piece. Sorry for so many question's. blue

The passenger side is the same with auto or 4 speed. The carpet fits under the chrome strip and the carpet notches line up with the chrome's clips. I am not sure on the drivers side with the kick out.

The passenger side is the same with auto or 4 speed. The carpet fits under the chrome strip and the carpet notches line up with the chrome's clips. I am not sure on the drivers side with the kick out.
Ok that tells me what I needed to know. Don't know if yours is an automatic but that is what it look's like to me. Well the hump cover has to be glued they say for the carpet. That is what the big piece is for to cut my own out. My console light is cut out on the hump cover. So the carpet will have to be cut out their also. You where a grate help pnora. Wont for get it. blue69runner.

Just to add I bought all the parts to put the four speed console in this car. Their was no bracket to hold the screws in to the body for the glove box hinge. Nor and kind of retainers for the console light's screw's either. Their was no bracket to hold the back plate on the body at the top just screw holes in the plate it's self. Hence had to make those also. Been two day's trying to get this together and will hope fully be done with it tomorrow. Thanks for the advice and help. Think I just about have it now. blue69runner

Auto Transport Service
Back