• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Frame Rails

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just removed a "solid" floor because of what hides inside the frame rails

20220302_163314.jpg

The front spring hangers are bolt on and not a problem. The big difference is the rear spring mount. AMD sells both a Dodge and Plymouth version for B-bodies and is welded in. Remember why back when I bought complete Plymouth rear frame rails from you for my 69 Charger? That is when I learned all about this. Had to replace the rear spring mounts after it was welded in, blasted, and epoxy primed. At least I found out before final paint. Floor pans, frame rails, and springs are the same between Dodge and Plymouth 68-70 B-bodies, except for a few holes like Mark mentioned.

We sure do appreciate the feedback Joel... as it does make good sense. I guess I was not aware that AMD
sold D & P rear leaf spring eye shackle box's. I guess
we just appreciate the used OEM metal better. Joel..
I always knew you were a lot smarter than us, LOL!!
Thanks to Moparmark and Hunt2elk for all their insight
on this important topic! @Dodge33

.....Shock cross members are the same.....

Yes they serve the same purpose as far as fitment and shock bolt hole locations, BUT there are differences in the over shape of the metal. Especially between '68 to '69. I've seen it in person first hand.

This thread should be a sticky.. only because it
has some very top notch information, for other
upcoming younger members. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back