• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Friends Magnum For Sale

Cliff426

Local time
9:31 AM
Reaction score
Please forward i am about to list it on some sites prefer a local word of mouth sale – i have many more photos if someone is interested
i am not looking for trades, need to clear out the garage a little – i have tried to be as honest as i can about the car below

mag1mag2mag12mag6mag7mag8mag10mag16mag17mag20mag21mag22mag23mag3
i have decided to sell my 1978 magnum 360 auto,trans, power steering, power disc brakes, air condition which i recharged 2 years ago and is still blowing cold and it has 103,000 miles was a one owner car from mid- wisconsin. The guy died and his son had no interest so traded it to a mustang restorer/used car dealer.
I drove it 3 years ago back from wisconsin about 1200 miles in all without any real glitches even through one day of very heavy rains.
The engine runs smooth and quiet with a minimal amount of smoke when starting – i assume with this mileage just a little blowby puff, during the trip i added no oil and no smoke at all after it first starts

i bypassed the lean burn computer with a rebuilt non lean burn carb, mopar performance electronic ignition and been fully tuned up with all new hoses and belts.
After looking it over it is clear there was a very minor front end hit, the only reason i knew was some things were missing just up front like the headlamp door motor (all parts installed now and they work) they flip open, and battery thermogard hold down which doubles as the windshield washer reservoir and pump which is now in place- this is very rare part and this alone could fetch $500. There is no sign of any other body damage or chassis damage, has cruise control which worked on the trip home, rebuilt alternator recently. Floors and trunk are solid, it looks like had some small rust issues possible fixed on lower qtrs? It really is hard to tell the paint looks great on the car

transmission shifts good and no noise from the rear end at all

a home made dual exhaust is in the car with 2 cherry bomb glasspack mufflers so it sounds great

front end as best i can remember is almost completely rebuilt, ball joints, tie rod ends, idler arm, shocks new and rears are air shocks, has front and rear sway bars, rear has new links
front brakes have rebuilt calipers, new pads, resurfaced rotors and front brake hoses replaced

wheels are following my nascar theme cragar 15x8 v-5 black powder coated, the tires have great treads, but i have seen small dry rot cracks if i examine very close to be honest

the interior has the “soft tailored vinyl” seats with floor shift and the drivers seat has had some patches done the rest of the seats are perfect.
I replaced the dash pad,console lid and grant gt leather wheel in rare red

all gauges and lights work. The heater cable had snapped there is a new nos one in trunk i never put it in – the heater core is bypassed only because the cable missing does not allow temperature adjustments, it is not leaking

not too many of these around especially with t-tops and no vinyl roof. T-top storage bag is in car, minimal leaks from t-tops most were from the side seal shrinking – i inserted a wood dowel which pushed it back to original length and they are pretty dry now. I added gt factory flares, louvered quarter window inserts, modified factory style gt stripes and nascar inspired spoiler on the deck lid i made myself, only 4 small holes were drilled to mount it, it started as a full length volare spoiler

nascar inspired pieces include hood pins (they are fake and rear window blow out straps, fuel vents on qtrs and front windshield retainer clips – all are not drilled nor permanent.

I have used the car a few times to attend some car shows upstate for the weekend and it always gets a lot of attention

i am asking $9,500 and open to offers – much more photos and i can answer any questions

- - - Updated - - -

get-attachment-8.aspx.jpgget-attachment-10.aspx.jpgget-attachment-11.aspx.jpgget-attachment-12.aspx.jpgget-attachment-13.aspx.jpgget-attachment-14.aspx.jpgget-attachment-15.aspx.jpgget-attachment-16.aspx.jpgget-attachment-17.aspx.jpgget-attachment-18.aspx.jpg

car just taken out of winter storage...price is $6500 ...open to reasonable offers

Wow nice car. Always wanted one. GLWS.....too much on my plate right now.

Car was just recently sold locally. Not sure how to delete this thread.

I'm so GLAD! I left a post to try and find this car!
Thanks (4 nothing!) for the info!

Go to the top of the thread where there is a bar and click thread tools. The drop down menu will have a nice little box for you to check.

sorry, was just trying to help out a friend,,,,car sold to a guy in Westchester, who saw it at the Bellmore Cruise night... also I had thought any PM's would come directly to my email, I apologize...hadn't looked at the site for some time after that posting.........i just went to that "thread tools" click on and it doesn't give me an option to delete the thread

I'm so GLAD! I left a post to try and find this car!
Thanks (4 nothing!) for the info!

Go to the top of the thread where there is a bar and click thread tools. The drop down menu will have a nice little box for you to check.

Jeez man, I know you wanted the car, but don't throw a tantrum... Makes you sound childish.

I'm looking for Magnum myself and looking to spend around $5k for the right car. Just looking for a nice driver. I might also consider a round headlight 75-77 Cordoba as well. No project cars. I know I may not have any luck but, it never hurts to try. Thank you.

Jeez man, I know you wanted the car, but don't throw a tantrum... Makes you sound childish.
I leave a post on 4/29 and you do not reply until 7/24. The remark I left behind. It's not a childish remark but a sarcastic remark. There is no tantrum. Pathetic to say it is a tantrum. Your reply makes you look childish. I just point the obvious out since you missed it twice. If you were trying to help out a friend sell it, perhaps you would have been more attentive or gave him the link to the thread and told him to join if not just to sell the car.

Now, re-read the rest of my last post on how to close down the thread properly. Don't leave a parting shot reply, like a baby, just close the thread down. Mark it sold. The thread fades away.

Auto Transport Service
Back