• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frigging Bufo Toads...

Snook

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:21 PM
Reaction score
It's a constant battle with these ********. I broke out the Gamo Hunter pellet gun and will start eradicating them starting tomorrow. The dogs tangle with them and then it's off to the vet before they croak. Just kept Loki from tangling with a BIG one a few minutes ago, bastard got away before I could dispatch it.

Chuck (snook)

It's a result of 'scientists' bring in non-native species to combat a non-problem. I believe these were Australian in origin.

Chuck (snook)

It's a result of 'scientists' bring in non-native species to combat a non-problem. I believe these were Australian in origin.

Chuck (snook)
I was wrong on this. It appears to have been introduced to Australia from Hawaii... I think.

Chuck (snook)

Wow, you guys have some weird stuff down there.
fowlerstoadmap.gif
Heads up, they're either there already or on the way....

Got two of them. A BIG one and a smaller one. See pics

Chuck (snook)

20221106_190320.jpg

20221106_190340.jpg

Bufo Marinus. I believe they came from South America to eat the beetles that were feasting on the sugar cane that was planted here for making rum. They then found that the only reason the toads ate the beetles was that they didn't have any choices. In Florida they eat rats, mice and birds but not the beetles. The poison secreted on their back was once used by kids as a hallucinogenic, and were referred to as "toad lickers". If grabbed by a dog it will paralize them and can take weeks to "wear" out of their system. More than you needed to know!

Shining light on the invasive species problem.
1667826075449.png

I honestly don't understand some of the methods use to control invasive species in Florida.
Some seem inefficient at best and as much towards scientific research as eradication.
But, I guess you have to understand the problem to deal with it??
Declare open season.
1667825902511.png

Feral hogs.
If they are such a problem .
But digging into that one, it seems money is being made on them.

1667825810561.png

While on the subject, the southern snake issue is a hype. The pythons are not dumped pets. They are escaped from ships that are docked in south Florida because that is the import location. The story is a technicality to keep the public on board. The New Yorker issue is true, people have been dumping New Yorkers here for decades, and the only salvation we have is that most are too old to breed.

Last edited:
I've done a lot of things in my life and nothing really scares me. Seeing how you guys would never screw with someone when he admits to being anxious around bugs and critters. I will officially say, they gross me out. I'm not touching nothing like that, ever!!!!

More power to ya Snook, knock em out....all you can. Im being overrun with armadillos from both the south and west......sho don't want them big *** frogs here.......

I saw Cane Toads are org. from south in the US/Texas Rio Grande valley
& more south of that, in Mexico & down to South America
not native to Florida, but can live in tropical & semiarid climates
like all the southern states

Auto Transport Service
Back