• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

From Ren n nator to stock orange box

If you do not realize or understand the concept of sarcasm, then, perhaps a better knowledge should be undertaken.......or learn.....more about your subject......
BOB RENTON
Ok buddy, will do.

BTW, JUST TO LET YOU KNOW, AS A SOUND TECH ( MOSTLY ON P.A. ) I WORK ALLMOST DAILY WITH LATENCY AND DELAY… YOU IDIOT ARROGANT! BUT I DON’T NEED TO KEEP ADVERTISING ABOUT MY PROFESSIONAL DEGREE TO EVERYBODY (nor I need to) OR UNDERESTIMATE PPL… I JUST LIKE TO HELP WITH ANYTHING AS FAR I CAN AND SHARING MY EXPERIENCES! KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT UP ABOUT MY PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION AND BEING RESPECTFUL.

(respect is not given by a degree… but learnt at home)

Last edited:
I would assume your variations are based on Total Mechanical Timing

And at what RPM - I could see variations at much higher RPMs

Idle , probably nothing or you would notice a huge difference in Idle RPM

All the boxes I have tested , and i have a collection , didn’t see anything timing related say below 4500/5000 RPMs on a car

Would love to have a distributor machine

And 90% of the people on the street are shifting around 5,500 RPMs or less I would guess

I have had more issues with Ignition Coils failing at certain RPMs , or just failing all together then any ignition box honestly
A couple guys have asked about how I ran my tests...
I used my 70RR w/built 440, 4 speed, Holley 770, Mopar electronic distributor, MSD Blaster II coil, TTi headers.
Distributor(no vacuum advance) has 10 degrees advance all in by 2800 rpm, idle timing advance set @ 15 degrees. so my total advance is about 35 degrees. For the test, I brought the engine up to 3800 rpm and then for each box I measured the total advance for changes. Maybe not that scientific but the differences were significant between each box and measurable.

Just my $0.02...

Auto Transport Service
Back