• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front Door Window, 66 Coronet Convert

SassyPants

Local time
10:50 PM
Reaction score
Good Morning Team B Bodies-

It has been 4 years since I took the door apart and I am not certain that I did it correctly then as I broke the Slide Guide coming out. So, I am looking for the voice of experience/reason for guidance. Any help will be appreciated.

I went into the Service Manual (SM) to see how to instal the Glass in the Doors of my convert (page 628, or 23-25). I currently have the Rear Channel Run in the door, but only finger tight.

If I understand it correctly, I instal the "Slide" Guide on the front of the Window, install the Window with Slide Glide into the Vent Wing assembly (weather strip) top of the window goes into/through the bottom of the Vent Wing. Then, instal the Window, with the vent wing, into the door where the Rear Channel Run has already been installed? Is that correct? So, Window goes in the Vent wing first before installing both vent wing and window into the door?

Two other questions. Do I put the Scrappers on the Window before installing the Window or install the window and then the scrappers?

Is it better to install the Regulator in Door before the Window unit?

Thanks in advance. B.

This looks like a good way of doing it.

And wouldn't we be the B team? Like The A-Team of the 70's. I wanna be Mr. T! :lol:

Thanks Jim. I will see if I can find that small screw in the upper part of the Vent Wing. It is not obvious so far on mine. Fingers Crossed. Best, B.

OK, so Jim, you gave great advice by passing on the video, Thank You. The Screws were covered in what looks like Seam Sealer. Once I got that out I found the screw right at the top of the Wing. So, I am delighted that I do not have to take out the Wing Window that I already installed in one of the doors. :) Here is a shot of the screw after I uncovered it. And YES those are the Original Keys and YES, we will be using them as they are. :)

IMG_4329.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back