• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FS: 1965 Plymouth Belvedere 1 w/FHO 500 ci Hemi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping for a Moderator intervention, if it doesn't happen I'll just delete this and go elsewhere. I'm on several forums and this sh** isn't tolerated.

don't worry about him gene,look at his car,then look at yours!that'll make you feel a whole lot better!

hemi car

I sure appreciate what you have done with the car,you wanted to do it RIGHT and that just cost's big bucks,if I could get rid of one of my cars I would be all over that Hemi car,that would be a fun project finishing that car
Don't let these guys get to you!!!!!
Bill

agreed. to build a car like this coronet,takes cubic dollars. to buy the parts,to do the work,to correctly restore and assemble it. the work you have done is stellar. if i had the extra money like that,i would own it,but,unfortunately i don't. if i had that kind of coin,i would have a superbird in my garage.
that said..... people who are not "fellow" mopar enthusiasts,just don't get it.
any chevy loving moron,that picks up a mopar,even a rust-bucket,POS turd,rattle-cans the underhood black like all the chevies they have owned,spends a few bucks on said rust-bucket POS,and then thinks that it is worth a fortune (you know,trying to get $7K out of a $3K car on it's best day)will never understand the cars we love,and the lengths we go to.
i am not a rich man,i have worked for every dollar i have spent on my cars and parts in the 20+ years i have owned/enjoyed/worked on mopars.
i appreciate the level you have went to with that coronet gene. good luck with the sale. as i stated before,it could be worse,you could be upset with the world,because you have a rust-bucket,POS,318 powered (i'm sorry,"built/hot-rodded" 318,lol) coronet for sale for WAY more than it's worth.

Enough!

Next one who has ANYTHING to say other than they are interested in this car for sale will get a vacation.

Understood?????????????????????

I haven't really said much about the car, thinking that some interested party would contact me and ask, but I've decided to list a few features.

It has a 500ci Tim Banning "FHO" built Hemi. Stage 5 heads, original style intake manifold (no bolt on top). The engine made 660.8 hp at 6800rpm and 619.5 TQ at 5200rpm. It made 584.1 TQ at 3800rpm, and these numbers are on pump gas.
It has a new 727 built by Jim Pace of Akron, a well know Mopar Tech. When I said new I meant that the trans. had never been in a car (new not rebuilt).
It has an 8 3/4" A body hsg. w/ a NEW DR. Diff. center section w/3.55 ratio. I used a A body hsg because the car is mini tubbed and has 10" rear wheels w/M.H. Drag Radials.
New SS springs and shocks.
SSB 4 piston aluminum calipers up frt w/all new 11" rear drum brakes. SS emergency cables.
It has all ne SS brake and fuel lines.
It has a new Hemi radiator with the correct number on it.
The entire frt suspension is powder coated, along with all splash shields, brkts., and fan shroud.
The grille has been polished and bright anodised.
The bumpers have been re-chromed.
I have all new door and window handles.
I found a set of NOS Belvedere 1 frt fender emblems.
All new Plymouth letters.
Tail lights re-chromed.
Instrument cluster re-chromed.
Door latches w/strikers, and hood and trunk latches plated.
SMS door and qtr trim panels.
Legendary seat covers (bench seat)
All new wiring harnesses (except dash) I have a good original.
1966 steering column w/rod linkage instead of cables.
Complete TTI 3" exhaust X pipe Flowmasters.
It has a new tinted windshield w/ new frt and rear weatherstrips.
It sits on Torque Thrusts w/painted centers and polished rims. New Gdy radials up frt.
I almost forgot the best thing. It has a hand made steel (not fiberglass) hood scoop, just like they used in '65.

If this sparks an interest drop me an email with your number and I'll get back to you.

It's a bargan at $55K, I just spent $23K on sheet metal to get it to block sanded stage on my 65 coronet Vert. I will have way more invested than it's worth today but its a Mopar! Your car is worth every penny. Best of luck with your car and your health.

would you be interested in tradeing roller chasis for a rolling chassis?

Gene what an awesome car!!! I too experienced some paint expense just painting my engine bay and hood scoop.... WOW!! I chose the wrong profession.

Anyway, I love the '65 Bel 1's, too bad your selling, but it will make a great car for someone. Good luck with the sale!

You could have it ready for spring if you started working soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back