• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel economy question...

Fuel economy with a Charger? :rofl: Would watch the gauge go down while going down the road in my 440/auto R/T. That being said, the 69 Satellite I primarily drove to school, 318/auto/single exhaust/2.76 gears did 16-17 around down/short trips.
Like I said at the beginning - I don't want nor expect it to return 25mpg. That isn't why I have it. I was just curious if that was about "right" for a car such as this, or if I needed to start looking for mechanical issues of some sort. I use MPG as a good indicator of problems, on all my vehicles...and as new as this one is to me, I don't really have a baseline just yet. That's all.

My 71 340 Cuda got 17 consistently in town running 3.55 gears. Only mods to the car was headers and a good tune. It also had a TQ on top. Have no complaints with those carbs....once I learned how to tune it. As far as timing goes I liked as much as possible with a 10-1 engine in the Texas heat and usually added a gallon of av gas in the summer time to help control ping.

Auto Transport Service
Back