• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

fuel gauge needle fell off

davek

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:43 AM
Reaction score
refacing my gauges and yep the fuel needle came off. Any videos out there to reinstall them? Anyone on the boards able to do it? Or should I just buy a new one. thanks Dave

Crap! I don’t know, but my first guess would be super glue and align the needle far left when off???

20240203_112659.jpg

Nothing to lose then Dave. Drill the two rivets out with an 1/8 (#30) drill bit. Look at the mechanism. Straighten out the needle. Pretty sure it just clips on.

Thanks Wayne, Im a bull in a china store. It looks like to hooks and tucks on the bottom. Need to have a couple drinks first. :lol:

20240203_180531.jpg

Nothing to lose then Dave. Drill the two rivets out with an 1/8 (#30) drill bit. Look at the mechanism. Straighten out the needle. Pretty sure it just clips on.
were did you get the rivets and does it take a special gun for them?

Last edited:
Sorry Dave.. I've been on the road since Friday night and just got home. What I used for rivets is shown in my rebuild thread on the Bee. I have millions of rivets in the hangar...

Auto Transport Service
Back