• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

fuel gauge

moparshaker

Local time
3:41 AM
Reaction score
hey fbbo . have a question about a aftermarket fuel gauge i just installed this morning on my brothers charger. i installed the mopar fuel gauge and car is super full of gas , the gauge works great but if i hook the gauge ground up it falls short of the full mark , when the ground is off the gauge it reads over full since my brother over filled with a can. my question i quess is the ground on the tank sender good enough or should i run an engine ground to gauge since the ground i have at the gauge is just a dash ground, thanks for any help

gauge.jpg

You most likely have a sending unit that is not reading correctly. The sender has to operate in the 70-10 Ohm range. Meter match works really well and you can fully calibrate the gauge.

You most likely have a sending unit that is not reading correctly. The sender has to operate in the 70-10 Ohm range. Meter match works really well and you can fully calibrate the gauge.
this gauge says it operates at 73ohms empty 10 ohms full. i was at his house so didn't have any tools to check ohms at sender and gauge, will do that when he brings it to me. hate to spend $90 plus on that meter match unit. but might get it anyways

Last edited:
Is your sender one of the new aftermarket ones or an original? An original sender may not work with the aftermarket gauge. Just like the newer senders don't often work with the factory gauge. Linear/non-linear issues from all I have read on here.

Auto Transport Service
Back