• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel leak

green 66

Local time
12:40 AM
Reaction score
Holley 870 street avenger leaking fuel from rear bowl. Should that plug be a brass screw like the front one? If so where would I find one?

38984646-5314-40D1-9BA8-2B7FE2558927.jpeg 8BABD12D-1EA5-4C7A-ADB4-9AEABAE90F37.jpeg 2D067EF5-0FD0-45D3-840E-60EC7E0A24F1.jpeg

Yea,just figured that out. Can I just remove that plug and put in a brass plug? Thanks

Thanks guys-car works great just the way it’s set up I don’t want to change float levels. Should I take it off to replace with brass plug or how does that site glass come out?

Thanks guys-car works great just the way it’s set up I don’t want to change float levels. Should I take it off to replace with brass plug or how does that site glass come out?

it screws out You could use a small easy out to remove it. It shouldn’t be tight you probably could use a pic or a small sharp chisel to spin it out.

Another way would be to heat up a small flat blade screw driver and melt it into the plug about an 1/8” or so let it cool and just screw it out. Of course the disclaimer and I guess you already know don’t get the open flame around the fuel.

Just a follow up- unscrewed leaking site glass with a pair of pliers ordered two brass ones from Holley

Auto Transport Service
Back