• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel line inst at tank on 70 GTX

GTXDAN

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:03 AM
Reaction score
Took the fuel tank out of my GTX for cleaning and fuel supply line replacement. While removing the tank I noticed the return line was just hanging around with nothing holding it except the hose at the tank and the clip on the pinch weld farther ahead. I'm thinking there is supposed to be a clamp on it at the same location as the one on the supply line just o/b of the right upper shock mount. Anybody have a picture of the installation showing where the return line is secured at. Doesn't look right just floating around next to shock and tailpipe in same area.

GTX fuel line inst.jpg

Took the fuel tank out of my GTX for cleaning and fuel supply line replacement. While removing the tank I noticed the return line was just hanging around with nothing holding it except the hose at the tank and the clip on the pinch weld farther ahead. I'm thinking there is supposed to be a clamp on it at the same location as the one on the supply line just o/b of the right upper shock mount. Anybody have a picture of the installation showing where the return line is secured at. Doesn't look right just floating around next to shock and tailpipe in same area.

View attachment 1627996
You might be missing a couple of 'S' spring clips that tie the two lines together.

Yeah there has to be something. The service manual doesn't even show the line inst, and all I can find for clamps are the ones that run along the pinch weld for the supply line. I think I'm going to see if I can find a clamp and put it next to the supply line to see how it looks.

Auto Transport Service
Back