• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel sending unit 66 Satellite

66plysat

Local time
12:45 PM
Reaction score
Can anyone give me the part number for the original stock fuel sending unit for a 66 Satellite. Thanks

I have a '66 Satellite and I had a really hard time finding the right sending unit. All the ones that are supposed to fit end up hitting the side of tank, so I never get a true reading. "E" is still "empty", buy my gauge would never read above half-full.

The solution that worked for me is to use the '62-'65 sending unit OER MF459. It's made by OER and it's OER part number MF-458 and MF-459. The 458 uses 5/16 tubing and the 459 uses 3/8. It fits the tank and lets the arm have full movement. You might have to bend the tube slightly for clearance against the floor of your tank, but I think mine fit without any tweaking. The only downside I have experienced with this solution is that the needle on my AutoMeter gauge sweeps WAY past "F" when the tank is full. It's not a perfect solution, but after spending time and money on 3 or 4 units that didn't fit, it's close enough.

I have a '66 Satellite and I had a really hard time finding the right sending unit. All the ones that are supposed to fit end up hitting the side of tank, so I never get a true reading. "E" is still "empty", buy my gauge would never read above half-full.

The solution that worked for me is to use the '62-'65 sending unit OER MF459. It's made by OER and it's OER part number MF-458 and MF-459. The 458 uses 5/16 tubing and the 459 uses 3/8. It fits the tank and lets the arm have full movement. You might have to bend the tube slightly for clearance against the floor of your tank, but I think mine fit without any tweaking. The only downside I have experienced with this solution is that the needle on my AutoMeter gauge sweeps WAY past "F" when the tank is full. It's not a perfect solution, but after spending time and money on 3 or 4 units that didn't fit, it's close enough.
Thanks for the info

1675888660828.png

Auto Transport Service
Back