• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fun thread do you think I’m crazy?

Cool idea. I remember the 8-track in my dad's '78 Corvette. The audio was terrible, but I get the desire for the retro look.

8 tracks are coming back just like Beta tapes :lol:

At this point in time I see a tape player as being trouble prone. As old as an Eight track player would be I'd expect at least the rubber drive belt and pinch roller to have issues.
I suggest if you go this route check the unit out well and service it before use.

I can dig it. I'm 73 and want to go drag racing again !!!! Doors' 8 track, got to love it. Drive on kid,,,, happy days !
I'm approching 67 and want to go drag racing again really bad but doubt that's going to happen.....unless some one does something about my soon to be X....but even if she remarries, I doubt she's going to be lenient on me.

a803e98cea0e17defe82d090d2dba166.jpg

Hey Fran you asked “Why?” The above responses are why.....

There are tons on ebay if I pick a popular model I will have all the spare parts I need!

Who cares about the sound quality for two reasons.
1. I may have only one speaker in the dash lol
2. When I run with the headers later thats the best thing to listen to!

Well Snakeyes at least she knows where North is lol

Hey Fran you asked “Why?” The above responses are why.....

There are tons on ebay if I pick a popular model I will have all the spare parts I need!

Who cares about the sound quality for two reasons.
1. I may have only one speaker in the dash lol
2. When I run with the headers later thats the best thing to listen to!

Hey if you want it do it. You asked for opinions so... Good luck with it.
Got one of those new fangled CD players in my daily driver, Doors a playin'.

Not crazy at all! My 68 RR came with just AM radio. Many years ago I scored a CLEAN Chrysler AM 8 Track radio and only needed to replace the belt. It works perfectly and I use it along with my FM Converter. Old School!!

8 track .......... had a craig under dash unit myself with a pair of realistic wedge package tray speakers. Back then we / I thought it was a pretty hi tec set up LMAO.
Anyway 8 track and Doors tapes , sounds fun, just don't forget the head cleaner Q tips and must have book of matchs to get the tracking right. lol.

1967Coronet what do we do with the matches other than light up? How does one improve tracking with matches? Do I need to start a technical thread on this lol?

Still have an 8 track in my old motorhome. I have some tapes somewhere but I never listen to it. All I remember about those "good ol" 8 tracks is that just about the time you were really into a song it would stop and you'd hear this k-thud while it changed tracks and ruined the whole song.

Yes I can Dig it, so get a match book and break on thru to the other to the other side!

Auto Transport Service
Back