• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Funny or stupid things that your "friend" did.....

Kern Dog

Life is full of turns. Build your car to handle.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:31 AM
Reaction score
We all have friends that have done some stupid stuff, right?
Sometimes the stupid stuff is done by US but it is fun to tell the story as if it happened to the other guy.
The following is true though.....
I used to be friends with this guy that I will call Mike. We met when in High School in the 80s. We worked at Burger King at the same time and years later, worked a few construction jobs together. He was always a bit unhinged and had the worst temper of any person that I ever met but over the years he did things that just went further and further out of bounds.
In his first year in construction, he destroyed 5 Skilsaws. He would sometimes get pissed off for whatever reason and smash the saw against the concrete or bash it with his hammer. He once climbed off of a roof to smash his radio because a Tim McGraw song came on and he hated that guy.
A woman broke up with him and he was really pissed about it. While out hunting, he found a dead lamb and dragged it to his truck. He then drove to a concert venue where the ex was there to see some band play. This guy paid the $12 parking fee to get in the parking lot and drove up and down the rows of cars until he found her truck, then put the dead animal on the hood of her car.
I have plenty more stories on this guy but I'll save them for next time. What stories do you have?

Last edited:
At work we all have our favorite person to pick on for whatever reason right? Our target used a garden tractor to get around the plant to do repairs.
1 we reversed the hydro so forwards was backwards ect. That was hilarious! Then we hooked up the horn the next day to come on in reverse.
Never seized the steering wheel, put baby powder in the muffler, glitter in his toolbox, superglued rubber to his ballpeen hamers, ground the numbers off his wrenches. Just a few of the many pranks.

"ground the numbers off his wrenches."

That is some funny ****.

Most "good" mechanics can tell the size of a wrench by looking at it, not him. It was even better cause he had metric & standard!

Problem is that was 10-15 years ago before everyone got thin skinned. Now you can't even look at anyone crosseyed or you end up at HR..... I once asked a engineer where he went to school, after he replied I said you should've asked for a refund cause your dumber than a stump. :lol:

This guy, "Mike"....
While out hunting from his car, he got annoyed that the door kept trying to close as he had his rifle on the window sill. He ended up stopping the car, getting out and shooting the door.
He hated getting stopped by the Police for traffic violations so to "get back at the cops", he put together a fake drug kit consisting of a case with a ball point pen converted to look like a syringe, a spoon and a baggie with cooking flour in it. His belief was that they'd arrest him for possession, find out the stuff was fake and then feel cheated when the drug stuff wasn't real.

Sounds like was a sore looser when getting caught?

My old friend Dave (we were apprentices together) played a prank on his boss a few years ago. He worked at a place that refurbished refrigerated containers. One day for a joke Dave carefully unscrewed an inspection plate and concealed a 1Kg zip lock bag of cornflour inside the controls. He went home wondering what would happen the next day.

Turns out the boss opened this particular container and started working on it. He unscrewed the inspection cover that Dave had concealed the bag inside. The boss was so excited with his find, he was running around asking the guys if he should try and sell it, or use.
Dave let him go most of the day before fessing up. :lol:

Another woman broke up with him and he wanted to get some sort of revenge on her. He decided to take his sling shot and blast out the windows in her truck. He borrowed some other guy's truck so he couldn't be recognized. He got to her house and started feeling like it was a bad idea. The woman had a kid and Mike didn't want the kid to have to ride in a truck with no windows in late December. He turned around and hauled *** back home and blew up the engine in the borrowed truck.

Same guy painted his house FOUR times in a weekend. 1100 sq ft house....Labor day weekend 2001.
Not just ONE wall, he painted the house completely, stood back and decided that he didn't like it. Back to Home Depot for a new color. Masked it off again, painted everything, decided again that it wasn't what he wanted. He did this 4 times.
AFTER the fourth time he still wasn't happy and then figured that maybe it was the Stucco finish that he didn't like.
Two weeks later he reskinned the house with new stucco....which required him to paint the house a 5th time.
He says he doesn't use drugs. The neighbors don't believe him.

We all have friends that have done some stupid stuff, right?
Sometimes the stupid stuff is done by US but it is fun to tell the story as if it happened to the other guy.
The following is true though.....
I used to be friends with this guy that I will call Mike. We met when in High School in the 80s. We worked at Burger King at the same time and years later, worked a few construction jobs together. He was always a bit unhinged and had the worst temper of any person that I ever met but over the years he did things that just went further and further out of bounds.
In his first year in construction, he destroyed 5 Skilsaws. He would sometimes get pissed off for whatever reason and smash the saw against the concrete or bash it with his hammer. He once climbed off of a roof to smash his radio because a Tim McGraw song came on and he hated that guy.
A woman broke up with him and he was really pissed about it. While out hunting, he found a dead lamb and dragged it to his truck. He then drove to a concert venue where the ex was there to see some band play. This guy paid the $12 parking fee to get in the parking lot and drove up and down the rows of cars until he found her truck, then put the dead animal on the hood of her car.
I have plenty more stories on this guy but I'll save them for next time. What stories do you have?

How did you become friends with this....individual?

Supervisor had an Datsun back in the 70's and a bunch of us lifted each side up and slid a 4x4 block under the leaf spring perches just to where the tires didn't touch right before lunch break. He was in and out of the car 3 times trying to figure out why it wouldn't move.

had a porter at nissan, who liked to try working on his own car after hours. he left his car on one of my lifts overnight, so i put 12 ounces of wheel weights on each of his wheels, he got his car off the lift and had it towed in later that day, same guy tried to change his oil, tried filling engine through dipstick tube

Drunk logic:

Years ago there was a little bar in town that on Sunday nights it was 50 cent drafts! We were in college so the Monday morning woes didn’t really matter. Well, the bar was in walking distance from the house and a little further away to his house.

After proceeding to drop a 20 on those 50 cent beers, each, we attempted the crawl home. I was bad, my friend was worse. We finally get close to his house and pipes up “I gotta ****” I said we’re about a minute away, by sidewalk and just around the corner to his house. He can’t wait. He starts laughing as one can imagine and he realizes we’re by the little nuns convent that actually shares a backyard with his house! He stumbles behind the convent and does his business, laughing the entire time. He stumbles back out still laughing and said he couldn’t believe it but there was a car back there he squatted against! Still howling, I said wait a minute, the nuns don’t have any cars! We continued to howl. Apparently, as we found out a few days later, we made such a ruckus we woke the nuns up and they watched the whole thing. For once, I was somewhat good. I stayed on the sidewalk!

The next morning he calls me up still drunk probably and howling, he realized that he travelled through the nuns yard into his own, used his own car to prop against and crapped in his own driveway! There was a fresh handprint on his car and a great big pile right by his front tire. I was surprised he could even remember doing it! Drunk stupidity at its finest!

@Kern Dog - I think we all know the dude did drugs....
@69 GTX - unless the guy was a douche, y'all went too far after a while/were dicks.

As you might imagine, practical jokes are the norm in sprinkler world - some of those get stupid.
I've done more than I'm willing to admit to, but I always knew when enough was enough
and I never jeopardized anothers' safety or messed with their personal tools - both of which
are pretty much still standard no-no's today in the biz.

When I was about 12 my best friend an I were driving his Go-cart in an empty parking lot. We were having a great time driving laps around our imaginary race track. During my driving time I was driving my lap when is saw my friend throw a chunk of broken concrete about the size of my head at me as I drove past him. I swerved away from the flying concrete, turned the wheel and ran into a parking curb bending the front of the Go-cart and bashing my shin into the steering wheel support causing 2" gash in my shin that bled like crazy and hurt like hell.
I asked my friend why he did it, he told me he thought it would be funny. I didn't think it was too funny.
I still have a scar on my shin to remember that day. My friend was later my best man in my wedding and my daughter's godfather. I guess I forgave him, I still remind him of the Go-cart story when I see him, he still can't explain why he threw the concrete at me, I'm glad he was my friend, I can't imagine what would have happened if he didn't like me!

I've personally done things that make me wonder how I got out alive. All in the name of funny. Won't mention those, but some of the stupid, yet far less dangerous ones-
Big guy at work drove a VW Beetle with rotted out floor pan. He bolted the drivers seat to a couple 2 x 4's and spanned the hole in the floor. I went out before lunch and sawed 7/8ths of the way through the wood so we all could watch his fat *** hit the ground at lunchtime.
One of my favorite stories was unintentionally stupid. My buddy Jim and I were going through McDonald's parking lot, and Jim sees a pretty young woman with a dead battery. Being the suave, debonair mechanical wizards that we thought we were, we offered to give her a jump. Jim pulls out the cables, proceeds to connect to her battery ( the ones with the separate screw in caps), and immediately crosses polarity. One of the caps blew straight up and hit him in the forehead like a bullet. The girl freaked out, and I think I peed myself a little.
Same buddy had a 69 340 Dart 4 spd., fast little car. We were driving down Woodward one night, and he was slamming it through the gears, goes for 3rd, and the entire shifter comes loose, and he pulled the whole thing right up through the floor. Short night. Good times.

When I was about 12 my best friend an I were driving his Go-cart in an empty parking lot. We were having a great time driving laps around our imaginary race track. During my driving time I was driving my lap when is saw my friend throw a chunk of broken concrete about the size of my head at me as I drove past him. I swerved away from the flying concrete, turned the wheel and ran into a parking curb bending the front of the Go-cart and bashing my shin into the steering wheel support causing 2" gash in my shin that bled like crazy and hurt like hell.
I asked my friend why he did it, he told me he thought it would be funny. I didn't think it was too funny.
I still have a scar on my shin to remember that day. My friend was later my best man in my wedding and my daughter's godfather. I guess I forgave him, I still remind him of the Go-cart story when I see him, he still can't explain why he threw the concrete at me, I'm glad he was my friend, I can't imagine what would have happened if he didn't like me!
One of my asshole buddies got his hands on a bullwhip. Started cracking it, then figured it would be funny to chase me down and whip me. I was running hard, looking behind me, turned around...maple tree. That's all I remember...

Same guy painted his house FOUR times in a weekend. 1100 sq ft house....Labor day weekend 2001.
Not just ONE wall, he painted the house completely, stood back and decided that he didn't like it. Back to Home Depot for a new color. Masked it off again, painted everything, decided again that it wasn't what he wanted. He did this 4 times.
AFTER the fourth time he still wasn't happy and then figured that maybe it was the Stucco finish that he didn't like.
Two weeks later he reskinned the house with new stucco....which required him to paint the house a 5th time.
So...which prison/cemet
So...your buddy is still running around loose and unmedicated?

High school was fun. Catholic school, no less!

My friend Joel and I got spare keys from Ignacio, the lead janitor (we were friends, got to know each other through Joel and my work after-hours in the Drama Department - EVERY high school boy needs to hang out with a group of women who change clothes (costumes) in rooms full of other people!). One Sunday, we filled one of the soda machines with beer. 4th period freshman lunch on Monday was in-sane! "DUDE...gimme more quarters!!!!"

Our auditorium was octagonal, and there was a drop-center section that housed all the HVAC ducting. One night...we painted a stop sign on it. Because it was there. About half the student body noticed it at the assembly the next day.

Principals' office faced east. One night, we got in and covered every single surface with aluminum foil, and left his blinds open. EVERY. Surface. Books. Pens. Stapler. Furniture. Floors. Walls. He called us to his office during homeroom...naturally, we showed up in shades because we knew we'd be walking into the sun itself. "Yeah...I figured it was you guys..."

Disciplinarian drove an old GM wagon - fullsize, wheelcovers, whitewalls, wood grain, all of it. Lunch one day we grabbed a couple lug wrenches and did a pit stop - popped all four wheelcovers, took off all 20 lugnuts...and put the wheelcovers back on. He didn't know what the hell happened when he backed out of the parking space, turned the wheel...and FELL five inches!

Yeah. Catholic boys are good boys.

Sure we are.

:rofl:

Auto Transport Service
Back