• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuse block 1974 Roadrunner troubleshooting

flamesoldier

Local time
10:28 PM
Reaction score
Fuse block number 2,3,and 4 have power in off, all the others receive power after key is switched to on is this normal? My 1973 duster fuse panel doesnt have any power when key is off to anyfuse. Scratching my head.

Get a wiring diagram or FSM. No power sounds like a bad fuse link or wiring problem.

Can’t stand electrical issues but might want to change your user name from flamesoldier while addressing this!!

The question is….with key off does number 1-8 supposed to have power or not have power, as example with test light, it lights up on 2,3,and4 all others no power. The. When key is switched to on, power is at all the fuses.

on my 69/70 some are hot some are not when key is off. Same on my 74 challenger I had.

does it look like this?
1674520249871.png

If you look on bottom part of fuse box, will find two embossed male terminals. One says BATT the other one says ACC. The BATT terminal and the fuses row above it is allways powered. The ACC terminal and the fuses row above just powered in ACC ign key position.

Firts ones on top of both rows are diff, feeding certain equipment which doesn’t need to work while in ACC or BATT… seatbelt warning system, brake light on cluster for example from ign switch just in RUN… dimmered lighting network just when lights are on. These two are isolated from backing buss bars.

that’s how it works.

Last edited:
If you look on bottom part of fuse box, will find two enbossed male terminals. One says BATT the other one says ACC. The BATT terminal and the fuses row above it is allways powered. The ACC terminal and the fuses row above just powered in ACC ign key position.

Firts ones on top of both rows are diff, feeding certain equipment which doesn’t need to work while in ACC or BATT… seatbelt warning system, brake light on cluster for example from ign switch just in RUN… dimmered lighting network just when lights are on. These two are isolated from backing buss bars.

that’s how it works.
That was exactly what i needed thank you

Can someone just go over the underdash buss terminal #3,#4, and #20 doesnt have a color on the diagram

642350A1-A733-4CFD-8D64-DC8A9ACC1EAD.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back