• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gabriel classic shocks

racerx20

Local time
1:59 AM
Reaction score
Anyone using the Gabriel classic 82090(front) and 82131(rear) shocks on their B bodies? I am currently riding on a newish set of KYB's and they are to harsh for my liking, thinking about trying the Garbriel's. I would really like to get the Bilsteins but not in the budget currently.

I bought a set of Gabriel's about 3 years ago from Summit. When I opened the package to find "Chinesium" shocks, already leaking fluid and an upper mounting eye not even welded on correctly, a call to Summit was in order. They didn't even want them back, just refunded my money. I think my wife used them for garden art.

Sorry to hear that. I put Gabriel Red Riders on my 65 Belvedere.Way better than the KYB buck board shocks that I had on my 64 Belvedere.

I have, and have used & installed many, Gabriel shock absorbers. Monroes as well. In the past, no problemo. What you get now ? Your guess is as good as mine.

Don't know if it would help enough, but PST gives a 10% discount to members here. Also free shipping. Bilsteins are nice shocks, I have them on all 3 of my cars.
I have heard others say that Monroe's are not bad for the price if you are looking for something cheaper.

Yep I have the Monroe Matics on my Bee.

Heads up if anyone is looking at the Monroes...found them on amazon for less than $20 each. For $80 shipped it's worth trying them out.

Heads up if anyone is looking at the Monroes...found them on amazon for less than $20 each. For $80 shipped it's worth trying them out.
I've used MONROE SUPER 500 for years.....available NOS on line. They have larger piston size, shaft, and valving and fluid makes them VERY FIRM RIDING....but this is my preference....they were built for NASCAR racing hrnce the name....they are heavy-duty in all regards.....
BOB RENTON

Last edited:
Got the Monroe’s installed toda. They are tad floaty at times but the ride is 100% better vs the kyb’s. I’ll take the trade off.

Auto Transport Service
Back